Best compliments

Options
Atech007
Atech007 Posts: 38 Member
List the best compliments that you have received so far.

It can be anything.

Also, as an added bonus, talk about how you felt afterwards.

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My love language is "words of affirmation", so those compliments are really what motivate me and keep me going! They mean the most when they come from my hubby, who is a man of few words.
    This past week, he told me I look like an 18yo in the jeans and t-shirt I was wearing (yeah, right! But still...lol).
    And he came into the shed while I was working out and said that I make him want to do pushups. :heart:

What about you?
  • mybeach27
    mybeach27 Posts: 243
    Options
    I always get compliments on my hair and I have been compared to a blonde Kim kardashian with a bigger chest or scarlet johannsen more than a few times!:)
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My soon to be ex hubs telling me 'you really really look good, I mean you always have, but you look really great, Im surprised how quick the weights coming off'

(Mind you Ive been pregnant practically back to back the last 3 yrs with our last being born 2 months ago, so I think he forgot what I looked like not-pregnant)

Aside from him, just friends saying 'woahhh hot mama' or something like that, I am no where near where I should be, but lucky for me peoples perception of a 'mother of 3' is jaded so it helps me look good lol
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Im being called skinny lenny at work Lol......feels good but not there yet!!!
  • sunshineshell81
    sunshineshell81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The best compliment I have received so far is when I saw my brother for the first time in 3 weeks and he said, "Holy s*** Shell, you are tiny!" I may not be tiny, but it is good to know my 45 lbs lost is showing :o) TOTALLY made my day! I am half-way to my goal and things like that keep me motivated.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    my boss was out sick for a week. when he came back the first thing he asked me was how much weight I had lost.
  • crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My husband says i look toned !! Oh yeah.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    'your face isn't so puffy anymore' yeah that's the best I got
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym..."Damn bro, you look like a different person!"

It felt damn amazing, especially since I didn't need to spend $80/hour with a trainer to get that type of reply!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    My coworker told me that I looked good and she wanted to look like me. It made me feel good. =)
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The best so far...I had to work late yesterday but had about a 2 hour break between work and training so I went to a coworker's home to get my exercise in. Today she told me that after I left her 13 year old son told her that he didn't recognise me at first and that dang I was getting fine. LOL now I am far from fine and he is only 13 and he is raised right but hell....I couldn't quit smiling when she told me that!!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This may be TMI, but I was walking ahead of the "man" and he tugged on the back of my jeans and said..."ahhhh, room to dive in".

:bigsmile:
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My sister telling me she was jealous in a good way. Now she's working out more and eating healthier. She inspired me to lose weight 2 years ago so it's nice to be inspiring her this time.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no one has told me they miss me in a while and when I opened my text and saw "I miss you" from a friend the other day I just about cried. Reading it just felt like a hug. Not fitness related at all, I know, but the best thing I've heard lately.
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The other day at work two co-workers passed me in the hall...after they passed, I heard one say to the other "Wow...she has gotten so thin" and the other said "yeah she has...she looks phenomenal". It was kind of nice knowing that they didn't intend for me to hear them...people tell me often that I look like I've lost weight, but I sometimes feel like they just think that's what they are supposed to say because they know I'm trying.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    My hubby compliments me every single day, so not to pick one of his.
    hmm....my boss, knows I'm trying to lose weight and she told me the other day, "A few words of encouragement for ya, I lost 60 pounds last year and have kept it all. Plus I just weighed myself and have lost an addiction 5 pounds. If I can do it, so can you!" That just made my dad :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!