What is a typical breakfast for you and cal count?

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
Mfp calories is set to1300 I'm 134 lbs and wanted to see what ppl eat for breakfast and how much calories . I eat about 250 cal peanut butter light multigrain bread string cheese and yogurt at 7 am by 11 am I am starving!!

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My standard daily breakfast is 120g egg whites, with 2 slices of Oscar Meyer Center Cut bacon and 1oz of avocado, all scrambled together. Then two slices of high protein, low-carb bread toasted with two servings of PB2 peanut butter (1 serving per slice).

373 cal
    19g fat
    20g carb
    40g pro

Delicious and fills me up quite nicely without weighing me down. I switch it up on weekends and occasionally am out of something during the week, but that's my weekday go-to most days.

My base calories are 1440, an average weekday I burn 300-500 calories, depending on the day. Friday is my rest day, but I'll lower my dinner cal before I lower breakfast to accomodate my daily calories. :D
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    about 30 calories.... I only take a coffee. 1300 is low....do you eat your exercise calories? Also, you might try to lose only 0.5 pound a week since you do not have alot of weight to lose. A good protein source will keep you full longer (maybe try a boiled egg)????
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I have either 1/2 cup plain no fat greek yogurt with berries/almonds/honey (about 210 cal), or an egg with toast and fruit (less than 200) or oatmeal with nuts/berries (300 calories), or an english muffin with peanut butter and jelly and fruit (300 calories).
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    every morning I have green tea and a banana, and alternate between granola, greek yogurt or an egg. Fills me up until lunch for sure. this morning i had coffee instead of tea, a banana and peanut butter granola bars for around 350 calories
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with breakfast. I used to take a packet of oatmeal or a granola bar to work with me. I would eat it at 8am and be STARVING by 11am. I started only drinking coffee and water and I am totally fine until lunch time. I have always had that problem with breakfast where if I eat it, it makes me way too hungry before lunch, to the point where it hurts my stomach. I know you are supposed to eat breakfast in the morning but it has just never worked for me.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Today's breakfast was roughly 1900 calories. It consisted of 1lb of :

1lb of steak topped with fresh basil butter
    2 Kiwi
    1 Clementine
    1 PB&J
    Crackers and Protein powder
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is black coffee, two eggs, and a slice of whole wheat toast.
    297 cals
    18g carbs
    15g fat
    19g protein

Once or twice a week I have oatmeal instead, usually with 1/2 a banana, a few walnuts & a drizzle of honey, usually have this on days that I run.
    332 cals
    54g carbs
    11g fat
    10g protein
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites 68
    canadian bacon 50
    toast 55
    coffee x 2 5
    I eat the above pretty much every day for breakfast.
    I'll add in some pb2 and sugar free jelly or a protein
    muffin if I have one. Also if I'm very hungry I'll eat greek
    yogurt with some fresh berries.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup oat bran, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 T almond butter, cinnamon (approx 250)

Some days I eat as much as 500 calories for breakfast, like today! My diary is open if you'd like to check it out.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Mfp calories is set to1300 I'm 134 lbs and wanted to see what ppl eat for breakfast and how much calories . I eat about 250 cal peanut butter light multigrain bread string cheese and yogurt at 7 am by 11 am I am starving!!

You're probably starving by 11am because you aren't eating anything for breakfast. Try three 433 calorie meals, and drink lots of water.
  • dalygirl_2010
    Options
    .5 cup of egg beaters, 2 small 3 inch pancakes (made with water) sugar free syrup, 2 slices of bacon... all for 250 calories....
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is the same every day and consumed at the same time every day (7am). 580 calories.

* Optimum Nutrition - Platinum Hydro Whey Turbo Chocolate, 1 Scoop (39g)
    * Berrio - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp (15ml)
    * Smucker's - Natural Peanut Butter - Creamy , 2 Tbsp

Put that in a blender with a cup of ice and a cup of water, blend on high for 30 seconds, boom. Delicious, and I'm not hungry until lunch (noon).

For anyone wondering about the macro content, I'm doing keto, hence the lack of carbs and abundance of fats.
    022412 Posts: 11
    Options
    Pork bacon
    Eggs fried in bacon grease/butter and vegetables
    Stew (beef, kimchi, some tofu)
    Baked cinnamon apples or other fruit
    Raw whole milk
    Dark chocolate

I have a raging appetite in the morning.
    I tend to eat only 2 times per day,
    So this is roughly 800-1000 calories.
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    M-F 1/2cup of whole grain oats and 2Tbsp of crunchy peanut butter = 330 calories

S/S 6" flour tortilla, 2 eggs (over easy), sprinkle of grated cheese, salsa = 275 calories
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump for later, love this post :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i like to switch it up - i cant stand eating the same thing every day - but i dont know how helpful mine will be since my goal is 1845/day + exercise calories.
    spinach protein smoothie - 500 calories
    eggs with onions, peppers, mushrooms, cheese and toast, sometimes bacon - 340 to 500 calories
    oatmeal or cream of wheat with half a scoop of protein powder and dried fruit, ~350 calories
    peanut butter toast with coffee, 350 calories
    thats just from the last couple weeks. sometimes i do 8 oz of greek yogurt, with chopped almonds and fruit as well but dont have the cal count for that one
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating:

-1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal (either almond or cinnamon)- love that stuff!
    -1/2 milk (with my cereal)
    -1 of the following: fruit, hard boiled egg or string cheese

Comes in between 300-375 calories. All the protein helps keep me full to lunch at around 11:45.

Oh and coffee. A big mug of coffee w/a light creamer.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    300-500 calories for breakfast (eggs, sometimes cheese, turkey bacon, toast)

a few hours later, about 500 cals more as oatmeal, peanut butter, sugar, and whey

average somewhere around 800-1000 calories by 11:30 am.

i've considered just combining them into 1 bigger meal, but it's hard for me to change since the routine is so ingrained.

i love my breakfast. still not tired of it after 2+ years.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    when I get up
    Greek Yogurt Yogurt 130 cal

then about two hours later, or after workout
    banana 105 cal
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal
    Scrambled Eggs (1 whole egg + 1 Egg white + 1/6 Cup cheddar Cheese)
    1 Tbs Virgin Coconut Oil (in Oatmeal)
    2 cups of coffee with 1 teaspoon creamer

446 calories 29 Carbs 28 Fat (mostly from the coconut oil) Protein 21.

I try to hit 1700 calories and then I usually bun 450-500 calories.

Then for a morning snack, I will have a higher protein snack.

I want to add, that 4 out of my 7 days, I have already worked out. So, this girl is hungry!