Salmon recipes?

Options
willywonka
willywonka Posts: 743 Member
I would like to bake some salmon and have no idea how to cook and flavor it- what all do you guys use?
What Are your favorite ways to prepare it?

Replies

• Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to marinade it for a couple of hours in either an Italian dressing or a lemon dill marinade and cook it on a gas grill. Leave the skin on and place skin side up on olive oil coated foil for about 5 min. Then flip skin side down and baste with extra marinade. Serve with wild rice, lemon wedge and grilled asparagus.

Grilled asparagus. Love the thin baby asparagus, cut stems, place on baking sheet or foil rolled up on all 4 sides. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over asparagus, and drizzle lemon juice. Add butter if you like. Sprinkle with garlic pepper, chopped garlic and an herb mix. Rotate asparagus so it cooks on three or four sides. Cook on the grill with the fish until asparagus gets wrinkled (crisp on florets). Mmmm, my favorite veggie!

The pugs like it that way too.
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My simplest way to prepare salmon filets is to coat it with italian seasoning, garlic powder and a smidge of sea salt then cook it on low-medium heat covered in a skilled with 1/2 tsp of olive oil. I say covered, because many times I have cooked salmon and it looked done on the outside but was raw on the inside! By covering the skillet the fish cooked through much better. I hope you'll like this idea! I swear by italian seasoning, garlic, and sea salt for most anything savory that I'm cooking. :)
  • Kar85830
    Kar85830 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Look at the spice and marinade section of your grocery store. We bought a salmon seasoning.. I think it's called miracle salmon or something like that. That's all we add to the salmon and it is AH- MAZING!!
  • Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    I throw mine in some tin foil, add the barest amount of unsalted butter, then lemon juice, garlic powder and fresh black pepper to taste. Bake and serve over rice/soba noodles/salad or with a side of smashed cauliflower. I love this. Simple, easy and delicious.
  • elusivechesire
    Options
    I usually use rosemary and\or a lemon dill sauce.
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7111332
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    A nice Light Sweet and Spicy Thai is Nice on it.
    Maple Mustard Rum sauce is to die for.
    Honey Mustard is good

Cranberry Orange to die for!.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just grill it skin side down, put a little seasoning on it thats it, no extra anything eat it with anything I love salmom
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    My husband and I LOVE this recipe!

Teriyaki Salmon Filet

Salmon Teriyaki
    Preparation Time: 2-3 hours
Microwave Time: 3 to 8 minutes
    2 fresh salmon filets (skin on one side)
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
2 teaspoons ginger
2 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons lemon juice
    Combine the teriyaki sauce, ginger, minced garlic, lemon juice and black pepper in a shallow dish, or a plastic zip lock bag. Add the two salmon filets to this mixture, and marinate the fish for several hours in the refridgerator.
    After several hours, remove the salmon filets from the refridgerator and place it on a microwave-safe platter (greased with non-stick cooking spray), with the skin facing up.
    Microwave the salmon filets on medium-high heat for 3 to 8 minutes, depending on the size of the filet (3 to 6 ounce pieces for about 3 to 4 minutes vs. 5 to 15 oz pieces for 6 to 8 minutes). The filets will be done when the skin is slightly crisp/firm, and the meat is moist, and flakes apart.
  • meshelman
    meshelman Posts: 12
    Options
    Try just a very thin layer of mayo (like Hellmans made with canola oil) sprinkle on some dried dill. Bake it at 450 for about 15-18 minutes. Or a thin layer of dijon mustard. You could drizzle with lemon juice and some ground black pepper. Or when it's almost done brush some honey over it. All yummy. I love salmon, the simpler the better. To me it's hard to mess it up
  • dndonna
    dndonna Posts: 2
    Options
    Marinate salmon in a little sesame oil, lime juice, salt and pepper - can be for only 15 mins. I put in medium hot frying pan and give both sides a good browning, then add the lid to the pan to assist with cooking through (don't like my salmon raw in the middle!). I then cook up soba noodles, rinse and drain, and add to them finely sliced zucchini slices (I just peel with a vegetable peeler), and a sauce made of grated ginger, garlic, lime juice, a little honey and soy sauce. Chilli if you like a little kick. Serve the salmon alongside the noodles with a green salad or the other night I did steamed green beans with cherry tomatoes. Easy delicious dish.
  • meshelman
    meshelman Posts: 12
    Options
    Try just a very thin layer of mayo (like Hellmans made with canola oil) sprinkle on some dried dill. Bake it at 450 for about 15-18 minutes. Or a thin layer of dijon mustard. You could drizzle with lemon juice and some ground black pepper. Or when it's almost done brush some honey over it. All yummy. I love salmon, the simpler the better. To me it's hard to mess it up

Now that I think about it I bake at 425 not 450. I also just got a food steamer. I lined the tray with lemon slices, placed the salmon on them and ground black pepper on top. 14 minutes later I had fantastic salmon. Loving the steamer, using the heck out of it. It's the best thing I've bought in months.
  • crystalDRA
    crystalDRA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love the following blog! It has several salmon recipes I have tried and loved. Her other recipes are also tasty and healthy as well.

http://www.thefitcook.net/1/category/fish/1.html
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Marinade in equal parts Jack Daniels and Soy sauce for an hour.
    Grill on Med heat until opaque is gone.
    Flip cook a few mins longer
    Perfect!
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Rub on some curry paste to marinate for a few minutes, then grill (or broil) and serve over lightly dressed ( with balsamic vinaigrette ) greens and mango chutney.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Bump, My husband LOVES salmon and I can't stand it. I have MS and need to incorporate more fish (esp salmon) in to my diet for the omega 3 it contains. Several of these posts/recipies sound interesting....guess I will give salmon another try!:drinker:
    Thanks for all the ideas and the orig. post.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It's alot easier to buy the frozen one's at the grocery store already cooked, just heat up, low fat and good for you too, already seasoned and just delicious......bout 290 cal for a piece, I eat it alot, that and tilapia bought the same way.......
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump
    im planning to cook some salmon tomorrow for dinner, so I could use some suggestions=)
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I eat a TON of rainbow/steelhead trout and salmon, and I almost always cook it exactly the same way.

Bake, or pan-fry with a small amount of coconut oil so it doesn't stick to the pan.
    Season liberally with dill weed. These are optional and interchangeable, but the dill is almost always constant: paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice/wedge.

The dill just makes the dish.
  • GRTFULDD1
    GRTFULDD1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mccormick makes a salmon rub thats great !!! Sweet citrus and spice