Grazing and Falling Apart at Day's End

Options
I have recently noticed that if I have to graze (instead of getting a real lunch) all day due to work constraints that by night time I am in horse mode. It's killing my daily calorie counts because I come unglued for food. I am trying to do healthy things, like milk and trail mix, but holy moly!! What do you guys do when this happens to you?

Replies

• lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    the best trick that ive found is to eat a ton of protein at breakfast- sometimes about half my protein for the day. It keeps me full almost all day because it digests slower than carbs, so Im much less tempted to 'snack' or 'graze' or grab an impulse lunch.

Later in the day if I know I'll be in one of my trigger situations for grazing (such as watching a movie, reading, studying) I make sure to have berries around. They're healthy and low calorie.
  • akarelis
    akarelis Posts: 6
    Options
    +1. I've been making dinner with an eye to leftovers for the morning, but I end up eating two thirds of it--sometimes all of it--in the evening. I think I have room for a snack in the evening, but what kind? High protein? High fiber?

A

P.S. Also, I'm not sure who I'm supposed to add as friends. Can I add either of you?
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    the best trick that ive found is to eat a ton of protein at breakfast- sometimes about half my protein for the day. It keeps me full almost all day because it digests slower than carbs, so Im much less tempted to 'snack' or 'graze' or grab an impulse lunch.

Later in the day if I know I'll be in one of my trigger situations for grazing (such as watching a movie, reading, studying) I make sure to have berries around. They're healthy and low calorie.

Agree with this strategy. If you are in a hurry in the AM cook up some hard boiled eggs for protein on the go. You can mash it up with a tlbsp of mayo and 2 pieces of toast and that will hold you for a while. If you have a little more time you can cook something else or find a high protein cereal and add to yogurt.
  • sguinn75
    sguinn75 Posts: 14
    Options
    +1. I've been making dinner with an eye to leftovers for the morning, but I end up eating two thirds of it--sometimes all of it--in the evening. I think I have room for a snack in the evening, but what kind? High protein? High fiber?

A

P.S. Also, I'm not sure who I'm supposed to add as friends. Can I add either of you?

Certainly!!