I am now officially disgusting

Options
molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
to look at. I weighed in this morning at the doc and i'm 98 freaking pounds, it's just nasty, bones poking out all over the place, I want REAL food and I want it now!!!! DAMMIT!! :grumble: sorry to all those trying to lose the weight, I must sound like a little kid having a tantrum...but it comes off really fast when you have a blasted feeding tube, damn thing. All I want is something that isn't in bloody liquid form, is that too much to ask? sorry..i'm being a little selfish here, but gee whiz, I wan't foooood! I have a constant "lack of food" headache arrrrrrrg! This sucks. The up side i'm now the official mommy of my two daughters, the adoption is all done!

Replies

• molsongirl
    Options
    to look at. I weighed in this morning at the doc and i'm 98 freaking pounds, it's just nasty, bones poking out all over the place, I want REAL food and I want it now!!!! DAMMIT!! :grumble: sorry to all those trying to lose the weight, I must sound like a little kid having a tantrum...but it comes off really fast when you have a blasted feeding tube, damn thing. All I want is something that isn't in bloody liquid form, is that too much to ask? sorry..i'm being a little selfish here, but gee whiz, I wan't foooood! I have a constant "lack of food" headache arrrrrrrg! This sucks. The up side i'm now the official mommy of my two daughters, the adoption is all done!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    No need to apologize for venting. That's what we are here for and I don't blame you!
    Congrats on your 2 daughters and I hope you get to eat solid food again sooner :wink: I'm glad to see you on the mend :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the end of the adoption! That's so exciting!!!! :flowerforyou: Sorry about the low weight, but I think we all understand your frustration considering what you've been through! GEESH! I hope your healing continues to be swift!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hey Molsongirl! Glad you are up and about - still no pudding huh?? Any idea when you might get to start eating again?? For your sake, I hope soon :heart: Glad to hear the kiddos are yours now - that is great. Congratulations!
  • molsongirl
    Options
    I get any thinner, and I think I could very well become Paris Hiltons new BFF :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I get any thinner, and I think I could very well become Paris Hiltons new BFF :laugh:

OOoohhh! then I could see you on TMZ! How fun! :laugh:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Hey Molsongirl! Glad you are up and about - still no pudding huh?? Any idea when you might get to start eating again?? For your sake, I hope soon :heart: Glad to hear the kiddos are yours now - that is great. Congratulations!

No idea yet, I still have no ability to speak, and the docs say there's little chance that i'll gain my voice back. I'll be happy with eating something solid again, anything, even Tam's blasted horrid tasting hummus :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

No idea yet, I still have no ability to speak, and the docs say there's little chance that i'll gain my voice back. I'll be happy with eating something solid again, anything, even Tam's blasted horrid tasting hummus :laugh:

Now that's saying something! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Little chance? I'm sorry. :frown: Hopefully speech therapy will help & you can prove those doctors wrong!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

All you need is a purse the size of a small nation and sunglasses that make you look like a bug :wink:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Little chance? I'm sorry. :frown: Hopefully speech therapy will help & you can prove those doctors wrong!

I very well plan on speech therapy, my hubby is getting a little annoyed with all the punches i'm throwing everytime he doesn't understand me, I can whisper, and I mean whisper, but it's very forced and hurts so I try not to very often, but since it's my left fingers that were mangled and i'm of coure left handed, writing isn't too much better, so the comp, at this moment is my best friend.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! on becoming a Mommy! That has to be a real day brightener for you!

I know alittle of what you mean about losing weight from not being able to eat. I had some dental work done and everyone said "wow, your so lucky you lost weight" Yeah right. It sucks that you not only can't eat but you are losing weight you don't need to lose.

I hope you heal soon and can eat. And like others have said. We are here for you, come & vent anytime.:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I very well plan on speech therapy, my hubby is getting a little annoyed with all the punches i'm throwing everytime he doesn't understand me, I can whisper, and I mean whisper, but it's very forced and hurts so I try not to very often, but since it's my left fingers that were mangled and i'm of coure left handed, writing isn't too much better, so the comp, at this moment is my best friend.

Will you be going through physical/occupational therapy to get the usage of your hand back or is that something that won't help very much? Tell your husband he better become a faster mover before you become a better punch! :laugh:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi molsongirl!

I haven't added my prayers, outrage, best wishes and now congratulations to your chorus of supporters yet. Your kids are lucky to have you!!

Glad you are on the mend and letting us be here for you. We will start a pudding petition!!!! Picket the pudding factories!!! Boycott pudding in an act of solidarity!!!
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options

I know exactly what that's like. I remember that the feeding tube made me feel constantly "full" and horrible all the time, but did nothing to help me gain weight. I feel ya, it sucks! So, rant away!!

Glad you're back though. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the adoption. I hope you will be able to eat again soon. I hope you will regain your use of your hand and the abilty to get your voice back. You are still in my thougths and prayers.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

All you need is a purse the size of a small nation and sunglasses that make you look like a bug :wink:
    And a purse puppy!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you're feeling better. I think your doctor better get you some real food pretty quickly or somebody might get a butt kicking. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Congratulations on the adoption. I hope you continue to recover fully. God bless you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Dear Molsengirl,

I was so sorry to hear about what happened and you have been in my prayers.

Congratulations on the adoption, though! That is really exciting.

So sorry to hear that things are still so difficult. Your attitude is amazing. Feel free to complain about the food thing...no problem, we can handle that!

My best,