Walden Farms Experience BAD BAD BAD

Options
Hahah so a friend of mine saw that there was calorie free "whipped peanut spread" at walmart. I love peanut butter, and i knew that was too good to be true, but when I saw it, I just HAD to know...

That was the most terrible crap I ever tasted. I threw it away. Haha anyone else ever experienced walden farms stuff? Very vile.

Replies

• lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump - interested in seeing the reviews
  • Vailery
    Vailery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried the ranch salad dressing just HOPING and it was the most chemical tasting product I have ever tried. That was during the first week of my diet. I know better now LOL
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You are better off eating the "real" version of foods in moderate amounts instead of buying artificial stuff like Walden Farms.

I try to eat as clean and natural as possible, and have found that a lot of the low calorie food geared to people that are watching their weight are full of artificial ingredients, which can cause health problems, or even weight retention in some people.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    leave the jar outside for the squirrels!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Most of the time if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. That stuff is NOTHING like peanut butter. Try pB2 (bellplantation.com) a peanut powder you reconstitute with water that is actually like peanut butter but way less calories and fat. The ingredients are peanuts. Pretty much as good as you'll get for the calories.

I do like walden farms chipotle ranch dressing though. The chocolate syrup isn't awful either.
  • Jemiot
    Jemiot Posts: 16
    Options
    I've tried their chocolate syrup and it was TERRIBLE! I had to throw it out too.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who tried their "zero calorie" dressing and did not think they were too bad but I don't see how it can be zero calorie... I would rather have taste and 45-60 calories!! Heck I like flavored vinegars alone in my salad (Perel is an online company and has some incredible flavors)
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of trying the salad dressing after people raved about it at a weight watchers meeting. Totally nasty stuff. I agree with the earlier poster.... better to eat real foods instead of the processed junk.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I love their dressings. Ceasar, Ranch, Honey Dijon, all of them are in my fridge. I did NOT like their alfredo sauce.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I love Chili's honey mustard dressing, so I tried the fat free to save calories....YUCK....I will just use less dressing cause the real stuff is better.
  • kemccarty
    kemccarty Posts: 33
    Options
    Oh dear God, if only I had seen this post two days ago. My husband and I saw the calorie-free dressing on Monday during our grocery trip, and decided to give it a whirl. 30 seconds after opening the bottle and getting a little taste, it was in the trash.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I like their ranch! I mix it with a little cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt and then mix it into my salad. yum!

I thought the chocolate sauce was awful...
  • B3h1ndgr33neyez
    B3h1ndgr33neyez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I saw a review about it saying even the squirrels wouldn't eat it LOL!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hahah so a friend of mine saw that there was calorie free "whipped peanut spread" at walmart. I love peanut butter, and i knew that was too good to be true, but when I saw it, I just HAD to know...

That was the most terrible crap I ever tasted. I threw it away. Haha anyone else ever experienced walden farms stuff? Very vile.

If you love peanut butter you must try PB2. It's all natural REAL peanut butter. 45 calories in 2 tablespoons. Absolutley, positively yumminess...
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Tried the Carmel sauce- yuk, yuk, yuk!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like some of the Walden Farms products. My favorites are the Bacon Ranch, Creamy Bacon, and Raspberry Vinaigrette dressings. I also use the caramel syrup to add into vanilla shakes. I did try the mayo and alfredo sauce and hated it. I have the garlic and herb sauce and the tomato basil sauce but haven't tried them yet.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've tried several of the Walden Farms products and threw them away after one bite. YUCK!!
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

• MomofAnt
    MomofAnt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I liked the chocolate dip (not the syrup) to put on strawberries. I would pop them in the freezer til the chocolate was hardened. It was a nice treat. The ranch dressing wasn't too bad, but it didn't taste anything like regular ranch. Other than those two, I didn't like anything else. I still have the caramel dip in my pantry that hasn't been opened cause I'm too scared to try it, LOL.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I like Walden Farms for its pancake syrup. To me it tastes better than Davinci's pancake syrup. Otherwise, I don't really like Walden Farms products.