Vegetables :/

Options
2»

Replies

• 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    roasting them really is a good way to bring out the flavor. you can put a little oil and onion soup mix over them, toss them around and bake, they are delicious that way. I've done that with every combination. These days I go for low carb veggies roasted this
    way-awesome. Another thing I do is stir fry in a little bit, tsp of each sesame and chili oil, add a little ginger and garlic, splash of soy sauce at the end. YUM. I grew up on canned green beans, corn, onions, mashed potatoes, and in the summer we would get tomatoes and zucchini, some home canned things from grandma. But canned veggies are disappointing once you have eaten
    fresh. No wonder I wasn't keen on veggies as a kid, except for good ol mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, etch.

I like to add chopped up zucchini in my soups, chili, just about everything. It takes on the flavors of other foods, I find. Also love
    salad and stir fried cabbage, green beans, asparagus, mushrooms. ok someone else can chime in now, I'm done =)