The Thrill Is Gone

Options
I've been tracking calories in and out religiously for four months now. I can tell I'm starting to get burned out. I'm letting my hubby's food choices influence mine on the weekends more and more, but I'm still doing okay during the week. I only hit one plateau that lasted only 2 weeks so I'm still seeing progress but it has been very slow. I guess that is understandable since my goal is getting closer. I think I'm just tired. Hopefully I'll get out of this funk...and soon! Guess I'll find out what I want more...to be fit and healthy or to eat junk. :grumble: Time to re-read Banks' post on Expectations.

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking calories in and out religiously for four months now. I can tell I'm starting to get burned out. I'm letting my hubby's food choices influence mine on the weekends more and more, but I'm still doing okay during the week. I only hit one plateau that lasted only 2 weeks so I'm still seeing progress but it has been very slow. I guess that is understandable since my goal is getting closer. I think I'm just tired. Hopefully I'll get out of this funk...and soon! Guess I'll find out what I want more...to be fit and healthy or to eat junk. :grumble: Time to re-read Banks' post on Expectations.

Good luck everyone!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin' on girl! You've done awesome - and you can keep it up. I go kind of in waves - you'll get your mojo back, I promise. Just keep on trucking in the meantime! :drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has to take a day to refocus ..I do this often..take a nice walk and think about why you want to reach the stars and how you will get there...i do know that once u stop being accountable thats when things slowly go back to the way it used to be....I think it takes years for a total lifestyle change to go into effect..and along the way we may take the wrong route but we can always get back on track. Refocus.:flowerforyou: 25lbs is your number dont stop till you reach it..because anything less will always have you wondering about 25.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Where is Banks' post on expectations? I need to read it, too! :(
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Where is Banks' post on expectations? I need to read it, too! :(

I think this is what she's talking about:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    The Thrill is Gone" is a blues song written by Rick Darnell and Roy Hawkins in 1951 and popularized by B. B. King in 1970. The song was first recorded by Hawkins and became a minor hit for the musician. King recorded his version of the song in June 1969 for his album Completely Well, released the same year. The song's polished production and use of strings marked a departure from both the original song and King's previous material. When released as a single in December of 1969, the song became the biggest hit of King's career (#3 R&B / #15 Pop)
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    To spice things up a bit, start making non-food rewards for yourself for each milestone, whether it be weight lost, number of exercises a week, or even getting through a weekend without indulging in junk. Those little incentives may make it a little more exciting.

Oh yeah, and thank you Dave for the info.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I would get burned out too if I logged my food 7 days a week. Typically I log M-F, and Saturday, and then have a cheat day where I don't log on Sunday and I eat what I want. My other "schedule" is log M-F, not log on Saturday but still try to make healthy choices in terms of types of food and portions, and then a no log/cheat day on Sunday.

By Monday morning I am dying to log my food again. Giving yourself breaks here and there makes it easier to stick with it in my opinion.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    To spice things up a bit, start making non-food rewards for yourself for each milestone, whether it be weight lost, number of exercises a week, or even getting through a weekend without indulging in junk. Those little incentives may make it a little more exciting.

Oh yeah, and thank you Dave for the info.

i agree. like i'm looking to get a massage when i get out of the 140's (hopefully real soon!!).
    also, maybe a new challenge would help re-invigorate your efforts. the "teams" all have great stuff--like try 2 new veges this week, or one new recipe, or run 2 minutes or whatever. i know my 800 miles in 2009 challenge keeps me going!
    hope these ideas help--you've already accomplished lots--keep goin' :flowerforyou:
  • godsgrl
    godsgrl Posts: 49
    Options
    I would get burned out too if I logged my food 7 days a week. Typically I log M-F, and Saturday, and then have a cheat day where I don't log on Sunday and I eat what I want. My other "schedule" is log M-F, not log on Saturday but still try to make healthy choices in terms of types of food and portions, and then a no log/cheat day on Sunday.

By Monday morning I am dying to log my food again. Giving yourself breaks here and there makes it easier to stick with it in my opinion.

Okay, this is totally what I do and I love it. I can't do this 7 days a week. I really don't have much to lose though ... my main goal is to get in shape, and the weekends totally get me motivated again. Monday's are usually my kick-butt days in diet AND exercise, even if I run a three-miler on Saturday. Loved to hear that I'm not a TOTAL slacker for taking weekends off. :drinker:
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    When I get "burned out" I just stop logging for a few days. I set a limit for myself and then go back to logging after a set amount (say 3) days have passed. That doesn't mean I eat everything is sight, it just means that I listen to what my food cravings are and use them to make my food choices. If it's something way out there in calories, I limit myself to a small portion, but I don't deny myself. I try and eat healthy and continue exercising, but I take a break from the logging. It doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me.
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm not going to give up. Just a little frustrated with my food choices on the weekends. Typically I'm eating my calorie deficit plus an extra 200-300 calories. I know I'm setting myself back but it is hard to break old habits. I'm not making excuses...the choices are mine and I have to live with them. I just can't wait until I'm in maintenance mode and can eat more! I have always had a big appetite and that hasn't changed.

I'm still clutching the towel firmly!!! (not ready to throw it in)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I'm going on my 3rd month of working out 5 days a week and logging. I'm a little tired I think but my goal date is coming up on May 15th so I really need to work hard these next two weeks.

I like the idea of non-food related treats when you meet your goals! Bought a new Juicy purse this weekend. :bigsmile: