The greatest NSV, ever!!!!

Options
pauljsolie
pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
I was serving at a Lenten soup supper at my church this evening. A little history first. Last Spring a men's group that I belong to was asked to help serve at a church dinner. I was reluctant to do it since I didn't think anyone wanted a fat guy serving them food but I had just started my weight loss journey and figured I'd get myself out there and do it. The church had just bought new aprons with the church's name on them and everything. I was so big the apron wouldn't tie behind me and I couldn't tie it myself. The woman who runs the kitchen had to cut one of the ties off another apron just to get it to barely fit. I was so disgusted and wanted to just go home right then and there.

Tonight I show up and she tosses me an apron and gruffly says here, put this on. I slipped it over my head and was able to tie it by myself. She came over to me and gives me this big hug and a grandmotherly pinch of what's left of my love handles and whispers in my ear, I am so proud of what you've accomplished. Ya got a little more to go, don't stop.

I got a little teary eyed and thanked her for probably the best compliment I could ever hope for. Thanks to all you MFP'ers and a especially everyone on my friends list for the support and encouragement. I don't think I could have done this without you!!!

Replies

• jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    awesome! congrads
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic!!!! i hope you are proud of yourself and brimming with confidence!! :drinker:
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That is just the coolest thing ever. Good job, you have done such a great job, that had to feel amazing. Keep at it, looks like you are past the half way mark.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    That made me beam with joy for you just reading it. Absolutely fantastic!
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!!!
  • peaches712799
    peaches712799 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So absolutely happy for you, and proud of you too!:happy:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    that IS awesome, nice work
  • LilaFit
    LilaFit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!!
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    It is so nice when someone compliments you.

Keep up the good work, it's obviously working!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! You must have felt so proud and you should be!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet! :smile:
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That's great - your accomplishment and the fact that she took time to tell you how she felt.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Awww!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Awh...what a sweet story and an awesome NSV. Congrats on your weight loss thus far and keep up the great work :-)
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    wow...just really wow! you must be walking on cloud 9!?!? keep it up and congrats!
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    That is so sweet! :smile:

That is exactly what I was going to say!

Congrats to you!!!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    That's really lovely. Congratulations :-)
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    that made me a little teary eyed lol well done!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    This, brought a tear to my eyes. Congrats on a job well done. Thanks for sharing.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That is great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!