Pepsi Max and Coke Zero

Options
♥Faerie♥
♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
Is it bad to drink one of these a day, Coke Zero or Pepsi Max? It almost seems like one of those too good to be true things, with no cals, there has to be something bad for you in these things right?!

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Is it bad to drink one of these a day, Coke Zero or Pepsi Max? It almost seems like one of those too good to be true things, with no cals, there has to be something bad for you in these things right?!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    one isnt horribly bad ..caffeine and sodium along with the artificial sweetener is what most go against regarding these ..but we all have vices..
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    one bad ingredient in soda that never gets addressed here is phosphorus. it's not bad nutritionally speaking, but it does wear away at the enamel on your teeth and may possibly be linked to calcium depletion in your bones. but one a day probably isn't bad. just brush your teeth afterwards!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    IDK why everyone always brings up sodium . Coke Zero has 40mg of sodium in one can. 2% of the daily amount according to their calculations, 1.6% accorrding to MFP's sodium amount.

Basically, very little.

I have a Coke Zero every day. I don't think it is a problem. I can stop whenever I want to.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I was reading my Fiance's "Mens Health" magazine this morning. And they say consistently drinking more than 2 servings of soda a day is extremely harmful to your kidneys. I don't see a huge problem with drinking 1 can a day, though. The key is moderation, really. If you like soda, cut down to one a day, then maybe 1/2 can a day or one can every 2 days. I still drink soda, but I drink it very rarely.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    I've always heard that the diet drinks make you want to eat sweets. I don't know if that's true or not. I love diet soda, but I haven't been drinking it since I'm trying to eat "cleaner". (hey Dave, I ate sardines yesterday, without hot mustard, even LOL).

I worry about the artificial sweeteners. Sure, I don't see problems now, but who knows what will happen to me as a result of the sweeteners 20 years from now.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    If you really want to know if coke zero is good for you, here is a link of exactly what is in the drink.
    http://wapedia.mobi/en/Coca-Cola_Zero?p=1
    and also pepsi max is almost compared to a energy drink. Here is the link
    http://wapedia.mobi/en/Diet_Pepsi_Max
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    My dentist actually said NOT to brush teeth within an hour before or after drinking soda, wine, or eating acidic foods. It is best to drink some water to rinse your teeth, but wait to brush them.

Seen the Crest Pro-enamel commercial? The dentist on there also says to wait an hour to brush teeth after soda, as the soda breaks down the outer surface of the enamel, which will repair within about an hour, after which you can brush your teeth.

Just thought I would share, as I LOVE dental care!
    :flowerforyou:
  • holpak
    holpak Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love pepsi max.. you gotta get some of your caffine that way.. I havn't had one in a month though.. The less carbonation i have in my system the better.. but if it's one of those things you have to have.. i don't think one a day is bad... maybe try to do like the others have said slowly wheen yourself to a few a week.. would be better :smile: