restless leg syndrome????

Options
2»

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you mean leg cramps as opposed to actual restless leg syndrome? Sore, achy leg cramps can come from exercising and missing nutrients. But, restless leg syndrome is a situation where you have to keep your legs moving. If you don't then your legs feel horrible. Just sort of "I have to" movement. It happens usually when you have gone to bed and are trying to relax.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I agree with the post about magnesium. It really does help!
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    There are so many suggestions here that I haven't heard of, this is great!
    I have had terrible problems with rls and exercise usually helps it, but avoiding alcohol helps me the most, I don't know if that's a factor for you..

i dont really consume any alcohol, way rare
    maybe wine but nothing outside of that

Ha, wine is the worst one for me. My legs will start aching and kicking within minutes of having wine. I don't know if it's psychological or what!

Also, to Swissmiss, I read once that a certain percentage (I think it was 20%) of RLS sufferers experience aching pain along with the jittery feeling, and the achers are more often female. I'm in this 20%. When I was a kid they told me it was growing pains and that it would stop when I finished growing... well that never happened! :P
  • fluecok
    fluecok Posts: 52
    Options
    really?! i havent had a drink in a long time, now im def not even going to bother with one

i shall follow these up with the Doc's at work tomorrow

thanks guys for the input!!!!
    i love this site =)