how did you shop for the in between weight?

Options
danaelamb
danaelamb Posts: 6 Member
I have lost 15 pounds, woohoo, but all of my clothes (bras included) are too big for me. I love having this problem, but dont have the money to buy new wardrobe now and then again when more weight comes off. I would love to hear what others did during their weight loss journey.

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Thrift shops......I buy what I need then donate it back when it doesnt fit. I have done that many many times over the last 2 years.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite gotten to that yet. I still had some clothes from my current size left over from before (I'm pretty sure bell bottoms for guys will make a comeback). For my next progression, I'm planning to visit my local Goodwill. Then, when I get to the permanent size, I'll donate them back. I expect to have two more size changes on my way to my goal.

Edit: I didn't mean to copy your idea, Mama Goose. I was typing while you were posting. :happy:
  • sativo8339
    sativo8339 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Kohls still has a "slim" line of clothes. You can get this slim cut of clothing in the larger size and it works well as an in between size. I have a broad chest and shoulders and it's hard to get a decent fitting shirt that is large enough for my soulders without hanging like a tent around my waist. The slim cut is a good fit,
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I shop at Ross whenever I am able to 1) get to the store and 2) have money for shopping. ;__;

Otherwise I stick to sweats that i find on the shelf for cheap at Walmart.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I'm poverty level income. so I have to be a cheap skate and I never spend full price for clothes. Clearance racks are awesome as well as thrift stores. I need to get myself a couple belts, cause some of my clothes are getting lose. Thankfully my mom is an excellent seamstress, so she'll put a dart or two in my clothes to make them fit.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't want to buy new clothes yet because I know that I'm going to be a smaller size soon. So for the moment, I just keep pulling up my jeans every 5 minutes. :)

I don't want to let myself buy new clothes until I reach my goal size (which won't be much longer!) so that way it's an incentive to get it done!!
  • ShrinkingSusan
    ShrinkingSusan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Clearance racks, Ross, Dirt Cheap, Goodwill... Also I pretty much live in workout type clothes with elastic/drawstring waists, sports bras, and t-shirts. That kind of stuff is more forgiving as it gets looser and doesn't look like droopy drawers so quickly.
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Goodwill honey is the answer and use it. There makes no sense to look frumpy because your losing weight. I mean what if you never reach a certain number fashion doesn't forgive that or at least with me.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have started wearing my more stretchy stuff right now. Ex. Sports bras, yoga pants , sweats . Just for now :)
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Good will, thriftstores, friends, ross, target...