Difficult to meet water intake goal

Options
Tami113
Tami113 Posts: 117 Member
Ok i need to drink more water each day. I carry it around but i don't drink it except at meals. When i drink more than 5 or 6 cups a day (not to get too personal) i pee A LOT! What gives? Any thoughts?

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    your body/bladder will get used to it after a while and you wont have to pee so much.
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    your body/bladder will get used to it after a while and you wont have to pee so much.

How long is "after a while"?? Because this is something I'd love to know...
  • PeacheyQueen
    Options
    it is hard for me to meet the water intake goal. i feel like its hard. i can get up to 2-4 cups/day. i drink water at each meal then if im excersising but just throughout the day, i may not be thirsty or i am but relaize it till i start drinking water.
  • Tami113
    Options
    How long is a while? I try so hard and even force it sometimes but i feel like i pee it out anyway. And on days i eat a lot of fruit it is even more difficult to meet 8 glasses. I don't drink anything else except the occasioanl glass of milk or zero calorie propels and vitamin waters
  • msracefan
    msracefan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm also having a problem getting in my water. I can get 2-20 oz. bottles in, but that's about it. I'm home all day and you'd think it would be easy, but it's not!
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    I have this same problem. I do not get thirsty all day, the only I drink is a cup of coffee in the morning and maybe a sip of water at lunch n dinner and I'm good. Lately, I've been buying low calorie drink mix, and have been drinking about 2-4 cups of water. It seems to help me, maybe I just don't like the taste of water. Hope this helps!!!!
  • Tami113
    Options
    I am going to ask my doctor to find out what is up. I had talked to her already about me peeing a lot and she said the amount i go is normal and not to be concerned. But i havent talked to her about upping my water intake and how that makes me pee even more. It is frustrating but i will get to the bottom of it
  • treasurebox1
    treasurebox1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I guzzle water all day! Since I have acid reflux disease they want us to drink filtered water and I have so few choices of what I can drink, I find myself sooo reliant on water!
  • Tami113
    Options
    I make fruit smoothies that are maybe 32 oz and count those as part of my water intake ( i only put fruits in the blender with nothing else) but i still cant seem to get the 8 cup volume of liquids each day down.
  • johnjeverhartiii
    Options
    I used to never reach my water goal because i did not enjoy the taste and would far prefer a juice or soda or really anything else.

But . . . Recently i found some really good key lime juice at the store and just a little bit in a glass of water much more palatable.

Keep trying with the water thing you will get there, and your body will adjust and help you recover faster after exercise.
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sense I gave up coffee - Tea has been a great help with water intake.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Your body will adjust to it. I drink 8-16 cups a day, and at first it was hard to do. I started out drinking maybe 4-5 at most.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem...hated drinking water cause of the taste and cause I'd pee what felt like every 5 minutes. As for the taste, I'd throw a huge pitcher in the fridge with some cut up cucumber or lemon and that helps with the taste, but as far as the amount of peeing goes, that's up to your body to decide. Especially if it's not used to drinking so much...I went for almost a week until I noticed things started to slow down, but it's really worth it in the end. You can tell the difference of your body flushing everything out and being hydrated at the same time. Good luck!
  • rae_84
    rae_84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Once I bought a fun new water bottle (a camelback brand water bottle), I started to drink at least a few more cups. I bring it with me everywhere. Not saying that will work for you, but it does for me.
  • Cndressing
    Options
    Try to get alot of fiber in. When you eat fiber not only is it filling and good for a diet but it takes alot of water i always end up feeling dehydrated in a day if my intake is over 30 grams of fiber even when i drink 10 cups, so i always keep water in near my headstand because i wake up so thirsty even when its not time to get up. Maybe you can snack on some high fiber sweets or cereal. Salt also retains water as long as its not to much it might help.
  • lyninit2winit
    lyninit2winit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just started a drastic change and drinking abt 1 gallon of water a day. it is bc im taking a supplemnt and have to do the water for it to work right. but i can tell a major diffrernce more energy feel better and i do pee A LOT but it good to keep the bad stuff in it cleansing. the first few days i thought i would puke bc i never drank for than 2-4 glasses a day. but i am eating way less and dont get half as hungry as i used to.
  • LeaCandyluv88
    Options
    I went from not drinking water at all a day ( because of taste, I like it a little warm tho cause doctors say its better for your insides) to drinking up to 6 cups a day. Try smart water, it has a very good taste and add a little lemon juice and put it in a traveling mug so u your mind won't know your drinking water. I put mine in a cute little 12.5 oz rhinestone travel mug and before u know it you have already had 3 cups in half a day. It really helped me after I stop drinking coffee and soda cause of acid reflux. Good luck!
  • Tami113
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the tips. Some of you have suggested flavoring the water but to be honest i like the taste of water. I can't drink 8 cups of anything each day. I haven't had soda or anything carbonated in over 10 years, i only drink milk, juice and water. I don't drink alcohol at all. 8 cups of fluid is not agreeing with my bladder. I will try to increase a little each day. I am thinking setting mid day goals like for each meal drink at least 2 cups which should help a little. Baby steps until my bladder strengthens to hold all the extra fluid or until my doctor tells me how much i should be getting
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use the Waterlogged App for the iPhone. I set it to go off every hour to remind me to drink, it also easily logs your drinks throughout the day so that at the end of the day I can add that amount to my log here.
  • Xylena88
    Xylena88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find it really hard to get all the water intake too! I have a job that doesn't allow me to take a potty break any time I want to so I am always watching my intake at work. I also don't like the taste so I make a big pitcher of crystal light for home and use a camelbak water bottle at work, it seems to make the water go down easier.