saying hello like everyone else

Options
A few friends and I joined myfitnesspal a few weeks ago, and I think I'm the last one standing. However, I don't like to give up so I'm still in here. I'd like to lose about 15 lbs and get back into shape. These past few baby years, I have really let myself slide into kid-activity obilivion. I was in great shape when I got pregnant with my daughter (7 years ago ... yes, 7!) but as soon as morning sickness set in, I quit exercising and never got back to it. My youngest just turned 5 so I think it's (past) time.

I've never really been overweight, but I do need to shape up, and have to be careful with all of this because I've struggled with disordered eating in the past.

I like to run, do pilates, all types of things -- I don't like to get stuck in an exercise rut and am always looking for a new thing to do today. I think I know a lot about nutrition (but so do most people :laugh:). However, I am facinated by the science of food. Before I became a stay-at-home mom, I worked as a nutritional guide and educator, but now it's just a hobby.

Anyway, that's me in a quick nutshell -- I have a t-ball game we've got to get to. :smile: I just dove into the community here since I lost my local support, and am liking the different personalities. I'm pretty open to suggestions, help, advice, criticism, support -- all the good things in life.

And oh yes, whomever takes care of all of this ... thanks for making it FREE!!!!!!:heart:

sincerely, tonya

Replies

• godsgrl
    godsgrl Posts: 49
    Options
    A few friends and I joined myfitnesspal a few weeks ago, and I think I'm the last one standing. However, I don't like to give up so I'm still in here. I'd like to lose about 15 lbs and get back into shape. These past few baby years, I have really let myself slide into kid-activity obilivion. I was in great shape when I got pregnant with my daughter (7 years ago ... yes, 7!) but as soon as morning sickness set in, I quit exercising and never got back to it. My youngest just turned 5 so I think it's (past) time.

I've never really been overweight, but I do need to shape up, and have to be careful with all of this because I've struggled with disordered eating in the past.

I like to run, do pilates, all types of things -- I don't like to get stuck in an exercise rut and am always looking for a new thing to do today. I think I know a lot about nutrition (but so do most people :laugh:). However, I am facinated by the science of food. Before I became a stay-at-home mom, I worked as a nutritional guide and educator, but now it's just a hobby.

Anyway, that's me in a quick nutshell -- I have a t-ball game we've got to get to. :smile: I just dove into the community here since I lost my local support, and am liking the different personalities. I'm pretty open to suggestions, help, advice, criticism, support -- all the good things in life.

And oh yes, whomever takes care of all of this ... thanks for making it FREE!!!!!!:heart:

sincerely, tonya
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Tonya!! Welcome - glad you joined us. :flowerforyou:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Hello:bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site you will love it. :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here. I do. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou:
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Noticed your post. It looks like you just joined? But you have lost quite a bit of weight already? Have you used this site previously? I'm trying it out, have done other things in the past but ready for something new, hopefully with a little more emphasis on support besides tracking food in take.