I Set Sail in 45 days!!!

Options
Hello all!

I am new to MFP. Joined in January 2012 sometime. I have lost 9 lbs so far. My goal is to lose 85 lbs, which would make me 140 lbs at 5'7". I will be 30 this month and have always struggled with my weight and I have yo-yo a lot over the years. I was in the best shape during college. Just recently, a little bit over a month ago, my Dad had a heart attack, and that was a huge eye opener for myself and my family! He is doing really well now, thankfully! Everyone is being a lot more health conscious more than ever now, myself included. It really hit me when my Dad's nurse turned to us and said "you now have a history of heart disease". Scary. I am an emotional eater, so with all the stress, I still slacked for the last month, but this past Saturday, I started to get back into gear! So, I am eating a lot better now and exercising a lot more. I would like to lose as much weight as possible (in a healthy way) before I go on vacation in April! So, that is another motivator for me!

So, in 45 days, I am going on a Carribean Cruise with one of my best friends! I decided today that I need to step up my game! So, I have decided to increase my exercise to 4 days a week minimum! Here are other things I am going to do:

-Continue and be more consistent with drinking my 8 glasses of water a day (I already do most days, til recently)

-no eating after 9 pm (according to Jillian Michael's)

-stay at or under my calorie goal, no excuses!!!

-NO chocolate or goodies at work!!! I can only eat what is in my lunch bag! (I work in a chocolate store)

-when I go places, I will park far away, except for at home.

-more fruits and veggies (I eat a good amount I think, but I am upping it)

-Any other suggestions? Or advice for crusing?

I am also wanting more support. So, anyone who wants to add me?

Replies

• blacksti
    blacksti Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hmm quit your job?? Jk seriously follow the counter every day and add everything you eat. Don't estimate either, I would literally count out the amount of pretzels,peanuts, etc. I was eating and even bought a scale to weight my food. Little things you don't add make a huge difference and slow your progress. Good luck to you!
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    thank you! Great job to you on such awesome progress!
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It seems you are on the right track! Keep up the good work! :)
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    thank you!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I work in a tasty burger joint, but I don't know if I could handle it. I guess you would get used to it like I got used to making burgers without eating them?