Totally blowing it!

Options
2»

Replies

• clpcat
    clpcat Posts: 4
    Options
    Yeah I have been totally blowing it for last couple months
    really ticks me off. It'd like the harder I try the more nervous I get and worse
    I eat! Husband doesn't help eating every 2hrs from the time hr gets home
    And bringing in chips chocolate bars donuts ice cream
    sometimes people closest to us our arr worst sabatours
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I must say, it's always going to be an uphill battle no matter where you are at or how far you have come. I have lost over 105lbs, but have been struggling to lose the last 55lbs I would like to lose. I'll do good for 7-8 days then have several bad days, especially with Ben & Jerry's ice cream, a very big downfall for me again! I can use every excuse in the book, I'm depressed or I'm worried about my child custody battle in court coming up in April, or anything else I so choose, but I have realized that using excuses, for me anyway, doesn't make my situation any better. During this last 15 months on this journey, there have been two different times where I was not eating healthy as I wanted too. I overate, but still tried to walk most days. I stayed the same and luckily didn't gain but 6lbs. This time, it is much harder and I am still struggling. It can be very frustrating as i know what I want and where I want to be, but fact of the matter is, learning how to handle these set backs and not giving up completely. It takes time to dismiss bad habits, even if you do well and lose a bunch of weight like myself! Many tend to go back to their old ways and gain it all back. I always try to remember how I felt weighing over 300lbs and how I feel about myself now, do i really want to go back to that?! Each day is a constant struggle and we will have set backs, BUT we must get up everyday and keep trying, NEVER giving up completely! I have had many days where I eat over 4000 calories and No, my motivation hasn't been very good lately, not like it was in the beginning of my journey, but I still keep getting up everyday, and I keep trying again no matter what! I feel your pain and I know many others do as well, but hang in there...It's so worth it! Right? :) It doesn't matter how long it takes to get there as long as you get there eventually! I can see why it may take many people 3 years to lose a lot of weight, because set backs happen. We must forgive ourselves and move on and keep going...Refocus. Where there is a will, there is a way! I needed this post today....Thank you! I have to keep reminding myself of the very things I write about here on these post, we are not alone in our triumps or downfalls! :)
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to have a cheat day lol Even Dr. Oz recommends it!! :-) As long as you start fresh and keep on truckin you'll be fine! Last week I went over my calories every day by 200 because I was starving and I actually lost 3 lbs...