daisylou
daisylou Posts: 118
8 oz. strawberries
1 kiwi
1 fugi apple
3/4 cup frozen peaches
11/2 tsp packed splenda brown sugar
1 tbsp smuckers low sugar strawberry preservesdash of cinnamon

Cut up all the fruit into very small salsa-like chunks. I microwave the peaches just a little so you can cut them. Then add the sugar, strawberry preserves and cinnamon. Mix well and refrigerate for 1/2 hour. Serve with Stacy's Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips, or low fat cinnamon graham crackers. You can add wharever fruit you want to, just adjust the calorie count. I have used raspberries and blueberries before.

Calories: makes 7 1/3 cup servings=40 cals a serving (w/o the chips)

Replies

• daisylou
    Options
    8 oz. strawberries
    1 kiwi
    1 fugi apple
    3/4 cup frozen peaches
    11/2 tsp packed splenda brown sugar
    1 tbsp smuckers low sugar strawberry preservesdash of cinnamon

Cut up all the fruit into very small salsa-like chunks. I microwave the peaches just a little so you can cut them. Then add the sugar, strawberry preserves and cinnamon. Mix well and refrigerate for 1/2 hour. Serve with Stacy's Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips, or low fat cinnamon graham crackers. You can add wharever fruit you want to, just adjust the calorie count. I have used raspberries and blueberries before.

Calories: makes 7 1/3 cup servings=40 cals a serving (w/o the chips)
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This sounds wonderful! I'm adding it all to my grocery list...thanks!
  • christyabullock
    Options
    How long does this stay fresh in the fridge and where can you find the chips? This recipe sounds great and I want to try it ASAP!!
  • daisylou
    Options
    I would say up to a week in the fridge, and so far Walmart is the only place I can find the chips. I have looked at Kroger and Meijer but they don't carry that brand. I think it would also be good on angel food cake:smile:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ooooh, sounds yummy, especially on the angel food cake!!!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    That was soo good thanks! I just used regular raspberry jam...still yummy!..I love those pita chips..I think I ate too many:smile:
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    That sounds awesome. I think I will try it this weekend.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Hehe, am I the only one thinking of making this with a diced up Habanero pepper too? :devil:
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Hehe, am I the only one thinking of making this with a diced up Habanero pepper too? :devil:

I assume that you are the only one doing that:smile:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options

Pretty safe bet from over here... yuck!
  • northernmama705
    Options
    I have a similar recipe for fruit salsa and just finished making the chips to go with it!!

Here is how I make mine

-Cut whole wheat and flax tortillas into triangles (I use a pizza cutter to do this quickly)
    -Arrange on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
    -After they are cut into triangles spray with butter flavor spray (Pam etc.)
    -Sprinkle with cinimon sugar
    -Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

It is much easier to cut them prior to cooking. I have tried cutting after and it is messy and a nightmare.

My kids love these as a snack with the fruit salsa. I often vary the fruit depending on what is starting to get over ripe in the fruit basket!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    What great ideas!!! Thanks! I will defitnely try with the flax or wheat tortillas (probably with the angel food cake too).
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    I made this for a luncheon at work today. Everyone loved it! Thanks for the recipe!

I also saw cinnamon bagel chips at the store that would be good with this I think.
  • nanaof3luvsjc
    Options
    If you go to walmart they have lock and lock containers that will keep your fruit fresher longer. Good luck!!

203251.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • christyabullock
    Options
    I made the fruit salsa this weekend and made my own cinnamon chips out of whole wheat tortillas and it was FANTASTIC!!! I loved it and so does my daughter...she didn't care for the chips but she loved the fruit...oh, and I used Sugar free preserves instead of the low sugar one....it will definatly be made on a weekly basis in our house!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    this sounds delicious!!!
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had to update this one!

I made this for 2 bbqs this weekend! it was awesome, a big hit, everyone wanted to know how to make it!! i didnt follow the recipe exactly, but i dont think you could mess it up!
    i used strawberries, peaches, apples, pears, kiwi (all fresh fruit), i used strawberry and pineapple preserves, and just a little sugar. and i did find the stacy's chips in walmart! great recipe!!

i used my mini chopper and pulsed all the fruit so it was in smaller pieces more like salsa

also i made it on saturday evening and it was fine for both bbqs on sunday and on monday!