Peanut butter

Options
Ok, so...I've been craving peanut butter for a week or so now. Anyone have any suggestions on good low cal peanut butter?

Replies

• CandaceW
    CandaceW Posts: 73
    Options
    Ok, so...I've been craving peanut butter for a week or so now. Anyone have any suggestions on good low cal peanut butter?
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna eat peanut butter, eat peanut butter girl!! There are some natural ones out there that don't have added sugar and such. If you're concerned about the calories, eat 1 TBSP instead of the serving size of 2 TBSP. Don't look for "low cal" as those will be altered with stuff you really don't want. Eat real food and enjoy!! :flowerforyou: How ya gonna eat it?? :tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

why does it have to be low cal? low cal means its been tampered with by MAN and that is usually not a good thing

get all natural penaut butter without added sugar

Laura Scudder's makes some good peanut nutter

focus on ingredients not always on calorie numbers
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options

Did someone say peanut butter :heart: :heart: :bigsmile: ?! I love it! I use Skippy's Reduced Fat version and it's so yummy....:heart::heart:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Did someone say peanut butter :heart: :heart: :bigsmile: ?! I love it! I use Skippy's Reduced Fat version and it's so yummy....:heart::heart:

Peanut butter has HEALTHY fat - good for you. You don't really want the altered stuff. You don't need to go overboard, but natural is always better.
  • CandaceW
    Options
    ok...I guess I need to say...lower cal/healthier peanut butter
  • CandaceW
    Options
    How ya gonna eat it?? :tongue:

umm....celery, apples, spoon, finger.........right now, the little bit that I am squeezing in is not cutting my craving :)
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Peanut butter is your friend...just don't eat too much!

There is a lower cal one that hungry girl likes, it is call 'better'n peanut butter' I believe. Has about 50 cal per tbsp
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

ingredients in Skippy reduced fat peanut butter

Roasted Peanuts, Corn Syrup Solids, Sugar, Soy Protein, Salt, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Cottonseed, Soybean) to prevent separation, Mono and Diglycerides (to improve creaminess) Minerals (Tricalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Phosphate, Copper Sulfate), Vitamins (Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid).

ingredients in Laura Scudders
    peanuts, salt
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 TBSPs of good old fashioned Creamy JIF isnt going to hurt you!!!! Just dont eat the whole thing!!!!

:smile:
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    I keep a jar of Kirkland's Organic Creamy by my side constantly at work. Sometimes I dip apples and veggies, etc. But most often I'll just run to the kitchen, pick up a tablespoon, scoop and enjoy.

It's simultaneously healthy, indulgent, AND satisfying. Can't beat that!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Just finished my FAVORITE snack: 1 tbs all natural PB and a medium Braeburn apple!!!:love: As others have said, EAT your PB but get the natural kind- Smuckers makes a good one. 1 tbs is only about 90 cals. You CAN have that in your diet- note: diet as a term to describe what one eats, not a temporary eating style.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    ok...I guess I need to say...lower cal/healthier peanut butter

I love peanut butter, and sadly the only one I found that has a little less calories that still tastes fantastic is Skippy Natural, or if you like Jiff try simply Jiff. I tend to eat way too much if I don't make something with it in it like a smoothie, so I usually have a chunky monkey smoothie

1 scoop chocolate protein powder/ or 1 packet of no sugar added hot chocolate
    1 cup fat free milk
    2 tbs oatmeal
    1 tbs peanut butter
    1 whole banana
    Ice

Blend it all together and its super duper yummy, and satisfies my peanut butter craving and makes an amazing breakfast or other meal replacement.

Its 440 calories max if you use the protein powder, but I will cut out calories by only adding half a banana, 1 tbs of oatmeal, and use the hot chocolate instead of the protein powder, or half the amount of protein powder. That cuts out 130 calories.
  • caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter. But I get that it can be a guilty pleasure when eaten in excess. So when I truly want it, I just scoop it up and eat it straight off the spoon! It gives me satisfaction to know I'm skipping out on the carbs that would come with bread or crackers.
    And don't stress yourself over it. The longer you resist (or alter) these cravings, the closer you come to breaking down entirely. And I'm speaking from experience. It's peanut butter. Not some kind of cray dessert. =)
  • banfathi99
    banfathi99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Research states that eating one serving of peanut butter five times a week decreases the rick of heart attacks by 50%. Consuming peanut butter can also reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes by 25%. The fats in nuts actually lower your cholesterol levels and are quite good for you. (My guess is the lower fat varieties of peanut butter will not do this). So enjoy your peanut butter knowing that you are doing your health some good.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Skippy natural is delicious!!!!!
  • Brandiann
    Options

Roasted Peanuts, Corn Syrup Solids, Sugar, Soy Protein, Salt, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Cottonseed, Soybean) to prevent separation, Mono and Diglycerides (to improve creaminess) Minerals (Tricalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Phosphate, Copper Sulfate), Vitamins (Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid).

peanuts, salt

Ok I get it..... thank goodness I'm not eating Cool Whip anymore! :laugh: Where do you buy Laura's peanut butter?
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Research states that eating one serving of peanut butter five times a week decreases the rick of heart attacks by 50%. Consuming peanut butter can also reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes by 25%. The fats in nuts actually lower your cholesterol levels and are quite good for you. (My guess is the lower fat varieties of peanut butter will not do this). So enjoy your peanut butter knowing that you are doing your health some good.

nope
    as shown above the low fat peanut butters have added sugar and the hydro oils plus other junk

it really is important to read labels....low fat almost always mean they added man made junk

be careful
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

peanuts, salt

Ok I get it..... thank goodness I'm not eating Cool Whip anymore! :laugh: Where do you buy Laura's peanut butter?

most grocers...Von's but most grocers sell some version of a good peanut butter
    the only ingredients should be peanuts and salt
  • Brandiann
    Options

peanuts, salt

most grocers...Von's but most grocers sell some version of a good peanut butter
    the only ingredients should be peanuts and salt

Got it, good looking (out) :bigsmile: