The Cookie Bar Recipe That Will Change Your Life

Options

Replies

• meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    we are having guests over that like to eat! I should try these out on them! haha!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    These sound great-if I only had a food processor. I wonder how it would do if I mixed it batches in my mini processor.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    OMG I just made these Chocolate-Chip Blondies and they are SSOOOOOOOOOO good, can't get enough. You have to try them. Two thumbs way up!!!! :drinker:
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    hump
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    made this over the weekend and it was FANTASTIC!!! just make sure you don't eat it warm...then it tastes funny. once completely cooled it was awesome and tasted like gooey chocolate chip cookie dough or those really soft chocolate chip cookies! only problem is trying to only eat one.....
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Twoboysmom2
    Options
    Sounds like it's just what I need! Much thanks!
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharring!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    nom bump!
  • kdunning53
    kdunning53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BUMP.
  • beachfunamy
    beachfunamy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • xcrunnergirl13
    xcrunnergirl13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
    :smile:
  • JoleenHitsPlay
    Options
    I didn't look at all the comments because there are lots of bumps, but try stevia instead of artificial sweetners!!!
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Om nom
  • beecee13
    beecee13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will have to try it soon :)
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump - thank you!
  • neubauer7
    neubauer7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Dear Dieters, Calorie-Counters, and Fierce-Fit-People of the world (or of MFP):

I have been getting really into 'making over' recipes lately. I'm not actually inventing these recipes myself (way too complicated), but I am trying new and exciting things.

Last night, I made these:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/18/chocolate-chip-blondies-and-theyre-good-for-you/

However, I used the following modifications:
    -Better n' Peanut Butter rather than regular peanut butter
    -Quick oats (1/4th cup) instead of flax
    -Splenda Brown Sugar blend (6 T) instead of full-calorie brown sugar

I know--chickpea cookies sounds weird as hell (chocolate-chip hummus bars anyone?). Let me tell you, these are f%$king amazing!!!

I had my roommate and friend try them before I told them the secret ingredient. No one could guess and everyone agreed that these were soft and gooey and decadent as hell. Plus, an 8x8 pan cut into 9 bars (ie HUGE servings), is only 150 calories (25 carbs, 3g fat, 3g protein).

These are changing my life. You could even omit the chocolate chips and add cinnamon for slimmed-down version. I might try adding more oats and making grab-and-go breakfast bars.

I know that chickpeas sound weird. When I finally told my friends they were SHOCKED. They thought that my 'magic ingredient' was fat free cream cheese. THAT is how decadent these are.

Try these right now! And let me know if you have any recommendations for your own modifications and other flavors/versions.

Good luck!

wow-- her blog might've change MY life! LOL :wink: The chocolate pie, and the pb fudge?! OMG. :heart: :bigsmile:
  • vic72
    vic72 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, yum!