coffee?

Options
Is coffee bad for you? I used to drink it everyday and have cut back......but sometimes I feel like I just need it!

Replies

• visions845
    Options
    Is coffee bad for you? I used to drink it everyday and have cut back......but sometimes I feel like I just need it!

all in moderation, I drink one cup of coffee in the morning and a decaf around 3pm just for the taste of it.
    But if you need to drink reg. coffee, I suggest only two a day. :-)
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee pretty much every day, with cream!! It's a weakness I refuse to give up! :)
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I agree - all in moderation. I love my morining coffee and right now am not going to give it up, but if I drink coffee in the afternoon, it's decaf. I've switch over my afternoon coffee to hot green tea (no sugar and decaf).
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    They are discovering a lot of benefits of drinking coffee. It helps with weight loss and has been found to help keep us healthy. I wouldn't drink a lot of it, though. You want most of your fluid intake to come from plain water.

By the way...dark chocolate is also good for you, in moderation.
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Like the previous poster stated, coffee does have its benefits. I usually drink 20 0z in the morning and then water the rest of the day. I drink it without milk, sugar or whatever else you may put in it. That makes it only 6 calories a serving. Are you putting anyhting in your coffee? Anyway that's just my 2 cents.
  • rmoga99
    rmoga99 Posts: 37
    Options
    Coffee has antioxidants. Up to 2 cups a day (500ml) is okay according to my family doctor. She tells me to limit myself to this.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :) and yes, I usually put those flavor creamers in my coffee....which i'm figuring is horrible for you. But sometimes you just need that extra help to wake up =)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Coffee in moderation.

I drink it black and sometimes with half & half... no sugar.

It does contain polyphenols which are antioxidants... and of course, caffeine. Too much caffeine isn't good, but small amounts do give you a temporary boost of energy. I usually drink 2 8 oz cups per day and I'm happy with that amount.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i try to let as little blood into my coffee stream as possible, all black nowadays.
  • pitboss59
    pitboss59 Posts: 20
    Options
    Coffee very good . Go to realage.com check out Dr.Oz's view on coffee