STUCK!!!

Options
Well, this week Ive done all the right things, worked out, ate right... Ive even put in more hours at work to cover someone else while theyre sick... and this morning I got on the scale expecting to see I reached my "halfway there goal".... and.... NOTHING not a single darn ounce this whole week! :(

Makes me want to take a sledge hammer to my scale and eat a giant pizza.....

Replies

• davidandrewwillis
    Options
    Believe me I feel ya there. The one thing you have to remember though is, goals be damned, this is NOT a race. The question I tend to ask more often than not is, how did you FEEL this week? Was everything fairly normal/calm for you? Or were you stressed out, especially more than normal? IF, as is what happens to me a lot, you were stressed out? Chances are that's what happened to the weight loss.

Either way, take a deep breath. Take a sledgehammer to a tire a few hundred times (heck of a calorie burn there and you tire out the anger) and have a great day!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Changes in routine can make the body pause for a while while it adjusts the body doesn't just work on a 24hr 7 day calculation! you are not a robot.

stick with it, make sure you are honest with yourself about what you are eating and exercising and your journey will continue.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You are not alone my friend. Been killing it lately, but the last week the scale did not move at all. I'm going w/ the muscle weight more than fat theory ;) But I did notice that my pants are looser, and I had to put another hole in my belt last night (to make it tighter not looser).
    The scale is not the only measurement to go by so don't sweat it.
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh I so know the feeling. I worked my butt off, ate correctly and lost a whole 2 pounds this month. GRRRRRRRRR. Now pizza is sounding great.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and stop obsessing about the # on that dam scale. Great idea take a hammer to it. I NEVER weigh myself go by my clothes. Size 8 fits that works for me. Don't feel the need to see a #.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone... glad Im not the only one who hits these ruts!
  • mlucarelli74
    mlucarelli74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First off let me just say...LOL...your post was so funny and that is exactly how I feel!! I have been dieting and exercising and have not lost a pound in 3 weeks! But I am not giving up! And I am sure you will not either! Because even if we didn't lose weight, we are still making healthy choices, and that is never a bad thing.
  • bb0322
    bb0322 Posts: 11
    Options
    Congrats to you all for not saying f' it and letting go! In the past 2 months I've dieted 3 times, lost 5-7pounds in first week, then plateau even though I keep on being good. and then I've always given up and "rebeled" and ate what i wanted, and all the hard work goes to waste. in the end, instead of losing weight, I gained an extra 3 lbs.
    So proud of you all for keeping at it! can you teach me how to do it too? how do you keep going when it's not working? and how to you get beyond it and lose more weight eventually?
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you all for not saying f' it and letting go! In the past 2 months I've dieted 3 times, lost 5-7pounds in first week, then plateau even though I keep on being good. and then I've always given up and "rebeled" and ate what i wanted, and all the hard work goes to waste. in the end, instead of losing weight, I gained an extra 3 lbs.
    So proud of you all for keeping at it! can you teach me how to do it too? how do you keep going when it's not working? and how to you get beyond it and lose more weight eventually?

I just keep putting on foot in front of the other.... Ive mostly made this a complete lifestyle change versus a diet... and when I do feel like going crazy and throwing it all to the wind.. I think to myself... "Ive lost x amount of weight... is it worth throwing that little bit of progress away?" and the answer is no... now Im 22 pounds into it, and even though Im a little stuck right now, Im not going to throw my hard work and 22 lbs away!
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    i have been a yoyo dieter for years. i have been on just about every diet out there. i lose....i gain it back.
    i joined MFP 2 months ago and have to say, this is the first diet i have been on that i eat normal food. the only difference is i now count the cals, carbs, fats and proteins, and more than anything, this is the first time i have excercised while dieting.
    i have lost 19 lbs in 2 months, just by eating healthy. and knock on wood....haven't yet hit a plateu.
    but i don't go crazy on the excercise. just 1 simple dvd called leslie sansone's Walk Away The Pounds. im sure this is where most of the credit is due for my weightloss. i walk 3 miles a day ( in my livingroom) and thats all i do.
    i don't know if this works for everyone, but i do know its worked wonders for me!!
    try it, maybe it will work for you. Good Luck with your weightloss, and Don't Give Up!