Favorite Brand of Shoes

Options

Replies

• dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Really it depends on the shoe. I asked my foot doctor what he recommends and was told a solid base with good cross support.
    I burn through a pair of shoes in 6-9 months. My foot doctor says shoes should not last more than a year.

I'm currently in Everests for out door, and Rockport for in the house. Before that BUM hikers and Dr. Scholl's. Before that New Balance, I found they took a month to wear in however. I was in New Balance last year when I injured my feet.

Co-workers like Cat's, Vibrant, Nike, and Doc Martins.

I change the factory insoles out and install PowerStep insoles instead.
  • penroseg
    penroseg Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Asics or New Balance.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    For everyday shoes?? Nike Airmax. Greatest shoes ever! :love:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is go to a running store and get fitted based on your stride. Just because a particular brand or style works well for me does not mean it will for you.

This ^ ^

The 'best' shoes in the world won't do you any good, and could actually cause you great pain, if they are not meant for your stride.

And be prepared to pay for them. This is not something you want to skimp on.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    New Balance.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Dr Schols :laugh:
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i LOVE saucony. for work (where I am on my feet ALL DAY) and they are my fav for running. they always fit and feel great on my wide foot. and never any heel slipage. (but as a previous poster said...go try some on)
  • JMFresh
    JMFresh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Merrells. By far the absolute best brand of shoe I've owned.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm a Nike guy
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    Vibram.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I find newbalance to last a lot longer than nikes.
    Though not the ones with the vibram soles. The vibram soles are WAY too soft. I almost destroyed a pair just riding a bike in them. (from the knobs on the pedals)
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Jordans
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my Asics!
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    New Balance. If you're looking for everyday/general purpose, spring for the all-suede/leather ones if you can afford it, they're really more durable. Probably goes for any good brand of shoes. I've found the brown ones (usually on country walkers or hikers) are best at looking good the longest for me.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    a.jpg
  • lmbame905
    lmbame905 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Find a store that will watch you run. There are shoes out there made for each individual type of runner. You need to decide what type of shoe is best for you. You can get the analysis, then find the shoes cheaper online. :)
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    Asics Nimbus Gel! Best shoe EVER! :)
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Brooks!!! Best running shoes I've ever owned! I've also started wearing them to work (I'm a nurse). They're great! Go to a running shoe store and let them watch you walk so they can recommend the best shoes for you based on your gait.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Asics are my current favorite. :happy:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    My favorite sneaker brands are:
    Puma
    Pony
    Keds (not very comfy, but just need to buy inserts).
    Adidas