PLATEAU!!! HELP!!!

Options
Simple......I've been plateau'd for 3 weeks, up'd my cardio and been lifting weights, but still NOTHING! Should I ditch the weights and just do straight cardio once I hit my goal weight and then gradually add weights???? I'm getting frustrated. My clothes are fitting better but that damn scale I tell you....CAN I THROW IT OUT THE FRICKEN WINDOW??????? :explode: :explode: :explode:

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Are you eating enough? How much do you work out? The math is indisputable, really. You eat what MFP tells you to, including your exercise calories, stay within your goals and you should be good to go. I can't see your diaries to really give any more specific help.
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Keep at it and be very meticulous with your food. I plateud for 4 weeks. If I had given up I would have never broken through it...keep at it and you will get through it.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I plateau-ed for 6 weeks before I started losing again. Don't think of it as a bad thing. your body is just preparing itself for the next phase of weight loss.

Patience! =]

5499814.png
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    CAN I THROW IT OUT THE FRICKEN WINDOW??????? :explode: :explode: :explode:

Yes throw it out the window!!! Inches are way more important imho
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    I think I need to eat more, I go to the gym everyday M-F for an hour and do straight cardio, i mean i'm pumping it to the point i'm making the ugly face.....LOL
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Make sure you follow MFP recommendations for calories. There are lots of posts in these forums about what to do in the case of a plateau. Type "Plateau" in the search bar and see what others have said. Usually it is cause you are not eating enough. Also, sometimes we get caught up in the same workout routines. If you usuall use the elliptical, try a stationary bike or a yoga class on 2 of the days instead.

You also need to remember that you are building muscle. Muscle weighs more then fat. If you take measurements, you may find that you are loosing inches, just not pounds, at the moment.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    the scale is not the best indicator of your progress, keep lifting weights with good form, and progressing to get better and better. muscle burns fat, you can lose inches and the scale not move. drink PLENTY water, and eat enough calories of good food. diet is number 1, exercise is number 2 . period.
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    I'm gonna try to see where I'm making my mistakes. I wanna be in my skinny jeans by September for my birthday. Think i'll make it with this advice. Thank You!
  • gymmouse83
    Options
    That was me for the last 3 weeks, I lost N O T H I N G!!!!! It was driving me up the wall but weighed myself this morning and 1 whole pound has gone! I just stuck to what I was doing with cardio but hit the cardio machines I hated at least 1 out of 3 or 4 workouts I did and stuck to low calories. Just keep at it!!!
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    Are you eating enough? How much do you work out? The math is indisputable, really. You eat what MFP tells you to, including your exercise calories, stay within your goals and you should be good to go. I can't see your diaries to really give any more specific help.

I know i'm eating enough...LOL I workout 5 days a week and hour a day.
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I too have plateaud for 8 weeks now and it is very hard not to get de-motivated about it. I just have to keep at it and hope that eventually my body will get the hint and shift the lard!!!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories for a few weeks and see if that helps. You can set your goals to lose 0.5 per week instead. You may notice a slight gain at first but don't be alarmed, it'll go away.
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    the scale is not the best indicator of your progress, keep lifting weights with good form, and progressing to get better and better. muscle burns fat, you can lose inches and the scale not move. drink PLENTY water, and eat enough calories of good food. diet is number 1, exercise is number 2 . period.

Yes the scale is a wicked thing. And thank you for your help! :smile:
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    Try upping your calories for a few weeks and see if that helps. You can set your goals to lose 0.5 per week instead. You may notice a slight gain at first but don't be alarmed, it'll go away.

Yeah I thought of that too.....would that mean i have to "up" my workouts too?
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    I too have plateaud for 8 weeks now and it is very hard not to get de-motivated about it. I just have to keep at it and hope that eventually my body will get the hint and shift the lard!!!

Hope we both can get out of "plateau" mode! AHHHHHHH!!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

exactly!! And the last thing you want to do is stop lifting. That is going to give you better results than cardio
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    Make sure you follow MFP recommendations for calories. There are lots of posts in these forums about what to do in the case of a plateau. Type "Plateau" in the search bar and see what others have said. Usually it is cause you are not eating enough. Also, sometimes we get caught up in the same workout routines. If you usuall use the elliptical, try a stationary bike or a yoga class on 2 of the days instead.

You also need to remember that you are building muscle. Muscle weighs more then fat. If you take measurements, you may find that you are loosing inches, just not pounds, at the moment.

Thank You! I will remember that! :smile:
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    No, you can still keep your same workout routine. The point is to give your body more fuel to work with.
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options

exactly!! And the last thing you want to do is stop lifting. That is going to give you better results than cardio

Sounds like a plan!!!!! :happy:
  • Hannah_PRprincess13
    Options
    No, you can still keep your same workout routine. The point is to give your body more fuel to work with.

OIC....okay that make sense.