Workout videos?

Does anyone know of any workout videos out there that do not require extra equipment to do? I'm living in a small dorm and theres some days that the field house(weight room) isnt open. Was hoping there was something i could do other than running that would be good for me. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I do the Zumba at home and I do the 30 day shred.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    I believe insanity does not require equipment, it's all working with your own body weight. there are plenty of cardio workouts, but didn't know if you wanted strength too.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 243 Member
    Jillian Michael's 30DS ($10 at Target) is great, because you don't need a ton of space to do it. If you've got some more space maybe look into Insanity or P90X if it's in your budget (I think they are really expensive, but I'm a poor college student). Also I just got the Piloxing video which is pretty fun, but it's an hour long... so really depends on how much time you have. Each level of 30DS is only 20 minutes and she KICKS YOUR REAR! At least for me, but I'm not very fit.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Insanity and Tae Bo are two that I own and no fancy equipment required. Just space enough to move and not break your neck :)
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Go to Beachbody.com there are MANY videos on there. But buy on Amazon - used - save bucko bucks. I particularly like Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Incredible workouts with no added stuff needed. Good luck
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    You tube channel

InsaneHomeFatLoss

Mike chang knows his stuff and the videos will help build good muscle even without equipment.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 417 Member
    Anything Jillian michaels!!! You do need some small dumbbells but you can get those cheap at walmart
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    You dont need a workout video, you just need a bodyweight routine. IMO all good workout regimes should include a bodyweight session anyway.

Try a workout of pushups, planks, side planks, crunches, pull ups (if you can find somethign sturdy to pull up on), squats, dips, etc.
  • Brian001
    Brian001 Posts: 89
    You dont need a workout video, you just need a bodyweight routine. IMO all good workout regimes should include a bodyweight session anyway.

Try a workout of pushups, planks, side planks, crunches, pull ups (if you can find somethign sturdy to pull up on), squats, dips, etc.

I know i don't need one. I want one so that i can burn more calories and learn different ways in which to burn them. Ive done days where ive done nothing but push ups, crunches, etc. I just get bored of doing the same thing over and over.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Any of Jillian's videos are good.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    One word. Insanity! Its expensive but worth it! I got mine from Beachbody.com for 120 but if you can get it off Amazon used then go that route
  • sfh0wrd
    sfh0wrd Posts: 82
    It's not a workout video, but there is a book called "You Are Your Own Gym". I'd check it out if I were you!
  • definitely check out you are your own gym by mark lauren and convict conditioning by paul wade. Both are really well written, and I know you are your own gym has a section for you to put together a workout regimen. I know, they aren't videos, but they are invaluable for people working out without equipment :)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    P90X, You can use weights but it also comes with resistance band and pull up bar that you can just hang on doorway when u exercise.
    I do so many, Tae Bo, Jillian Micheals, Have not tried insanity but that looks good, If you like to dance, Zumba.
    There are so many dvds out there. If you have Netflix or any other rental dvd company you can try some and see which you like. go to Walmart and Target they have a lot.
    Good luck
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    If you're looking for tough cardio that needs absolutely no extra equipment and does take much space, look at Amy Dixon's 'Breathless Body'. It sounds girly, but it's almost an hour of tough, straightforward, Tabata-style cardio drills. I usually burn about 700 calories each time I do the workout. The workout has also won a lot of fitness industry awards and recognition. :-)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    I do Jillian's- I like Ripped in 30 the best so far. They are all 10 bucks at Walmart but some of them are 7 on Amazon- you will need hand weights- like 10 at Walmart and a mat if u are on a hard floor (just a suggestion)
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    30 day shred by jillian michael's will kick your butt, you can buy it from amazon or ebay. it's only 20mins each day so wont chip into your study time and i use 2 cans of tomatoes for weights, anything that gets you moving will be good though :smile:
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    I do thirty day shred as a college student, works great. Pretty much any Jillian Michaels will do. They are suggested to do with 2.5lb weights, which you can buy for under $20. I do 30DS every day, for the past maybe 5 months, and now I use 10lb weights and double time all of my exercises
  • ladylaine
    ladylaine Posts: 26 Member
    ZUMBA, AND THE BIGGEST LOSER
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Check out the used fitness DVD's at www.half.com. Super cheap (and no bidding!)

I recently tried the Crunch Boot Camp dvd and really liked it. Very high energy and fast-paced. The only equipment needed is some hand weights, if you choose to use them. It's a great 30-min workout that combines lots of cardio and strength.