Feeling Full

Options
I eat healthy snacks all day every hour and a half or so, but I still find myself feeling hungry. What are some food that I can eat that will make me feel fuller for longer periods of time? Help is much appreciated :):)

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Fiber One bars when I would get hungry. They are a little high in sugar, but they are only 120 calories and they have a good amount of fiber. They did the trick to keep me from wanting to chew my arm off.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Foods high in fiber & protein will make you feel full longer.

That said, you're bound to feel hungry when you're doing a calorie deficit because your body is used to being fed a lot more. I would venture to say that it's nearly impossible to be at a calorie deficit and still feel full all the time. The closer you are to your goal weight though, the less hungry you feel.
  • DistilledVixen
    DistilledVixen Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awsome!...Thanks for the help, I am going to try that. I am looking forward to looking and feeling better and not feeling this hunger.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I use sunflower seeds from time to time and drink a LOT of water :)
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It may sound odd as a snack but for my mid-morning or mid-afternoon hunger, I'll sometimes have oatmeal. I loooove steel cut oats and I'll add some sliced bananas, strawberries, flax seeds, peanut butter etc. It tastes good AND it's very filling! I'm the same way that if I snack on veggies, I'm hungry again really quickly. :smile:
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Almonds and a lot of water seem to do the trick for me!
  • loreenkoby
    Options
    It may sound odd as a snack but for my mid-morning or mid-afternoon hunger, I'll sometimes have oatmeal. I loooove steel cut oats and I'll add some sliced bananas, strawberries, flax seeds, peanut butter etc. It tastes good AND it's very filling! I'm the same way that if I snack on veggies, I'm hungry again really quickly. :smile:

I do the oatmeal thing too... or soup broth.
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy snacks all day every hour and a half or so, but I still find myself feeling hungry.
    If you are eating every hour and a half and are still hungry, you are not eating enough at meals. Try eating meals that are high in protein and veggies and they should carry you for 2-3 hours.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    are you hungry or do you have the urge to chew... ?? i chew suger free gum during the day and/or have something to drink when I get those urges... 5 calories for a stick of gum or a glass of crystal light ... OR i make a bag of popcorn, which is a low calorie snack and it satisfies my urge to "just eat something" and chewing. ... you chew LOTS with popcorn.:flowerforyou:
  • fairycake25
    Options
    I snack probably 3 times a day I tend to eat either turkey pieces , almonds or oatmeal always keeps me going all day and I don't seem to ever snack :-)
  • DistilledVixen
    DistilledVixen Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I will try em out till I find something that works for me