Starting a Healthy Lifestyle

Options
Hi! My name is Anne. I'm 23 years old. I'm 5'1" and I weigh 164 lbs. A friend recommended My Fitness Pal to me since I've made the decision to start living healthier. I want to start eating right and exercising more because I'm tired of feeling bad about myself. I want to live a long life and this is the first step towards completing that.

I don't have a group of friends for support at home, so I guess I'm just looking for people to encourage me to keep going when I feel like giving up. I need people who understand what I'm going through and can offer advice. I also wouldn't mind friends to exchange recipes and exercise tips with!

Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Coming on here and taking that first step is one of the best and most important things you have done. Feel free to add me as a friend. Congrats on starting to live healthier!
  • mattjolsen
    Options
    Props to you for wanting to start a healthy lifestyle instead of dieting. This is the way to go! You might reach your goals a little slower than your friends on crash diets, but you WILL meet your goals and stay there. You'll feel better, too. Cheers!

Any time you need advice or motivation, let me know!
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm only on day four but loving it and feeling better! The people are awesome too, very supportive and encouraging...sending friend request!