I Guess I AM Getting Results!

Options
Hey Kids...I thought I'd share this thought I had tonight...

Other than the inches coming off the tape measure & the numbers on the scale getting lower, sometimes it's hard to notice any results of any kind. I mean I do notice some things (my shirts & pants feel looser, I see some "definition" in my body, I can squeeze into tighter spaces, etc) but as far as how I look, I don't see it so much.

Well, this weekend I had a chance to visit with some relatives who hadn't seen me in a few months (probably since Christmas actually) and the first thing out of their mouths when they saw me was, "Holy s***! Do you ever look good!"

That was when it really hit home...I guess I AM getting results!

Of course the next thing they asked was, "How did you do it?" and it never ceases to amaze me how SHOCKED people are when you tell them "Good old fashioned healthy eating & exercise!". I guess there are so many "gimmicks" out there that no one can believe it's actually possible to do it this way.

Anyways, I just wanted to share :smile:

Jeff @ YEG

Replies

• jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    Hey Kids...I thought I'd share this thought I had tonight...

Other than the inches coming off the tape measure & the numbers on the scale getting lower, sometimes it's hard to notice any results of any kind. I mean I do notice some things (my shirts & pants feel looser, I see some "definition" in my body, I can squeeze into tighter spaces, etc) but as far as how I look, I don't see it so much.

Well, this weekend I had a chance to visit with some relatives who hadn't seen me in a few months (probably since Christmas actually) and the first thing out of their mouths when they saw me was, "Holy s***! Do you ever look good!"

That was when it really hit home...I guess I AM getting results!

Of course the next thing they asked was, "How did you do it?" and it never ceases to amaze me how SHOCKED people are when you tell them "Good old fashioned healthy eating & exercise!". I guess there are so many "gimmicks" out there that no one can believe it's actually possible to do it this way.

Anyways, I just wanted to share :smile:

Jeff @ YEG
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats exciting! Keep up the good work!

~Leash :heart:
  • colliertoys
    Options
    Congrats! Nothing better than other people noticing your results.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    well done on your weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I remember that feeling....it's so nice! Congratulations to you. It helps when other people notice because we look at ourselves every day, and it's hard to see the changes. Keep up the good work!!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I know, right? 'how're you doing it?'

'Eat less, exercise more.'

'Really? that's it? You didn't take some magic pill you could have my doctor prescribe?' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

'Two, actually. One called 'sweat' and the other 'MFP'.'
    :drinker: :tongue:
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    Congrats! It is a real boost when people notice, and keeps getting better. I have a lot of people not even recognize me.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Nice job!! That must have felt great!

My sisters are into the "magic weight-loss pills"....and then wonder why they yo-yo when they stop taking them.
  • Lsmitty
    Lsmitty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats, well done! I know I have a long way to go. But, you just gave me the boost I needed today to keep up with it. Thanks!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss. :drinker:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly frank...I am amazed at my own weight loss! :blushing: I can't believe after all of the things that I have tried that the simple formula of "watch what you put in your mouth and get up and move" works!

Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!