whens the best time to start weight training when your 1st s

Options
okay so let me get this off my chest ... I got on the scale it being the 1st day of the month not really a weigh in day for me (not that I have picked one yet) but I figured wth lets do this ...

well the weight was just about the same but the body fat went up by about 4% since Ive started this thing ...

So far Ive been doing cardio for about 40 to 60 mins aday (still my 1st week in)
I was going to wait till I was about 2 or 3 weeks in to start lifting weights again but I'm thinking I might need to start a little sooner just so I'm not burning the lean muscle and I'm getting rid of the fat.

I figured I'd see what my MFP friends had to say I'm still new to this site and want to do things right this time ...

Also the more friends the better so feel free to add me

Replies

• beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Any exercise is good, building muscle by lifting weights will tone & help you burn fat for much longer after exercise than cardio can.

So start now if you have the motivation to.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Why wait 2-3 weeks when you can start now?
    I personally love, love, love weight training and only do it 3x a week. I've only seen positive results in my appearance, how I feel, and how I perform in sports.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Why wait 2-3 weeks when you can start now?
    I personally love, love, love weight training and only do it 3x a week. I've only seen positive results in my appearance, how I feel, and how I perform in sports.

Just trying to do a few things at a time not to many life changes at once eeven tho I used to lift and do cardio on the regular but one day I just stopped so I want to slowly build healthy habbits again... Eating healthy being my main focus to start off
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    then do what you feel able to at the moment, maybe alternate exercise days, one cardio one strength so you don't feel like you are adding anything, it also helps imo to shake your routine up on different days to give your body some extra focus. good luck with it all.