Loose skin & how to get rid of it!?

Options
Does anyone have any good ideas about how to naturally get rid of loose skin? I've lost 75lbs in 18months (193lbs - 118lbs). Lost it all slowly so don't get why I have this! I don't think I'm too old for my skin go go back to normal (32yrs), plus I drink Lots of water! Then again I've always had big thighs & I had 4 kids.. I've worked off my thighs and now I'm left with loose wrinkly skin on my inner thighs & butt area.. it's gross!Of course after 4 kids I have the extra skin on my belly too, but I expected that from kids. I've been doing extra lower body workouts, which has helped me get a firmer booty, but hasn't helped fill in that loose skin! Seems to just make it worse! especially the smaller my thighs get! I heard that Apple cider vinegar & exfoliating the skin every other day will help with this problem. Anybody else having the same issues? I don't want to have surgery. do I just have to live with it? any Advice would be greatly Appreciated!

Replies

• zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Does anyone have any good ideas about how to naturally get rid of loose skin? I've lost 75lbs in 18months (193lbs - 118lbs). Lost it all slowly so don't get why I have this! I don't think I'm too old for my skin go go back to normal (32yrs), plus I drink Lots of water! Then again I've always had big thighs & I had 4 kids.. I've worked off my thighs and now I'm left with loose wrinkly skin on my inner thighs & butt area.. it's gross!Of course after 4 kids I have the extra skin on my belly too, but I expected that from kids. I've been doing extra lower body workouts, which has helped me get a firmer booty, but hasn't helped fill in that loose skin! Seems to just make it worse! especially the smaller my thighs get! I heard that Apple cider vinegar & exfoliating the skin every other day will help with this problem. Anybody else having the same issues? I don't want to have surgery. do I just have to live with it? any Advice would be greatly Appreciated!

give it time, it will naturally tighten, but obviously not all the way...for really excess skin, surgery is the only option - but 75lbs should not cause that kind of looseness
  • rrhennen
    rrhennen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would be interested to hear too! I'm tall, but both of my children carried compeltely outfront. And my last baby especially did a number on stretching me out!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I lost 28lbs last year then took a year off to /see if I could maintain my weight without the help (I managed it) in the year I took off from dieting I noticed that the extra skin on my inner thighs tightened up, its no longer the hangy skin that it was whenj I lost the initial 2 stone.

I now have a further 26lbs to lose and I trust that it will be the same story for that, I also have had 4 pregnancys (with stretch marks) so I'm not looking for any miracle around the belly area. although a miracle would be appreciated. lol

Give it time to pull back into shape,

good luck :)
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My brother lost 130 lbs. He told me that he had been told it takes a solid year to see a difference in the extra skin. I am hanging on tight to that. My last baby was 11lb7oz leaving my belly looking like a deflated balloon.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm so lucky to have stayed pretty firm even though I've been heavy almost all my life plus had 4 kids.
    I hate hate hate my belly button though yuck!!
  • _Iffer_
    _Iffer_ Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I'll give it a year and see how it looks! I've come to terms with my belly not ever going back, but didn't expect the issues with my thighs...
  • tortoise73
    tortoise73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Genetics, age, weight loss, and pregnancy were all working against me. I got a tummy tuck and would do it again in a heartbeat.
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have always said when we are done having babies and I am down to my goal weight I want a tummy tuck.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I haven't got a clue, but if you find something that works let me know. I have heard a lot of things from drinking alot of water, to core exercises, brushing it with a steel wool brush, and lathering it up with lotion. I don't think my loose skin will ever be completely gone, but has gone down quite a bit since I started working out with weights feverishly. My trouble areas are my lower stomach and upper thighs. Oh well, I would rather have the skin than the fat.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I will add, even in loosing all the weight that I have, my butt is not saggy at all, it looks pretty tone, so I have been told, by my wife it feels pretty firm too. Arctrainer on strength setting and running have helped. When I was loosing fast I ran a lot 6 or 7 days a week for usually an hour at a time. I do a ton of lunges and squats too.
  • _Iffer_
    _Iffer_ Posts: 13
    Options
    I've been running a mile 3 times a week & hoping to up that, plus adding more squats & lunges to try & firm up.. guess It will all just take some time.... I agree would rather have the skin then Fat! LOL! I've heard that exfoliating the skin & lotion after helps.. been trying that for a week now... Hopefully it will help some!
  • Bexter4880
    Bexter4880 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm hearing you.....I'm just recovering from a tummy tuck as my stomach was unbearable....I've lost 123lbs so far....I'd do the tummy tuck again in a heartbeat but I don't want anymore surgery (even if I could afford it lol!!) but I've been searching all over for some kind of inner thigh remedy!!! As people have mentioned apparently the running helps, lunges and squats.....vitamin e oil (I'm going to use bio oil) and exfoliating regularly....but other than that I'm hanging onto the hope that in a year it will have shrunk back...a bit more at least lol!! Good luck :-)