Giving up pop

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
Let me just say, I love pop. Especially Pepsi in a can, mmmmm, it's like crack to me. I hadn't given up anything for Lent in a few years so I decided to give up pop, figuring it should also help with the weightloss.

Tomorrow is weigh in day so we'll see, but after just a week and a half with no pop (I had two cans on Sunday, don't observe on Sunday) I swear my pants are a little easier to button and my wedding ring slides onto my finger easier. Like I said, I don't know if I have actually lost any weight yet, but I just feel....deflated, lol.

I am amazed at the difference, let's see if I can keep this up even after Lent.

Replies

• nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stick with it!! Even if you switch to Diet the calories saved are amazing!!!
  • teeniemarie619
    teeniemarie619 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking pop / soda about 4 years ago. No real reason - I just decided I didn't want it anymore. Don't miss it - don't crave it - feel great!
  • Darrknys
    Darrknys Posts: 91
    Options
    i pretty much cut soda out of my diet. I have been replacing it with sparkling flavored water, like lemon lime. The first few times I had it it was alright, just flavor no sugar. I think it's pretty tasty now and cuts my calorie intake ^_^
  • Debbie2685
    Options
    I quit on 2-1-2012 and had not had one but I cheated today and had one, and let me tell you it was not as amazing as I remembered it to be. I used to drink a can of soda in the morning kinda like my morning coffee, and I mostly drink water or unsweet Tea. Good luck with the weigh in
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking sodas 2 yrs ago but every now and then I will drink a coke but it's rare I normally just stick with water. I feel so much better not drinking it so much. Iv lost weight from not drinking any. You can do it girl!
  • Smudjie
    Smudjie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    quit pop almost three years ago...best thing that ever happened to me ;):smile:
  • anfmusicgrl
    anfmusicgrl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have always loved my sodas...and even when I began losing weight, it was one of the last things I got the willpower to do.

2 months ago, I decided to treat myself to one... (throwback pepsi was my vice also) I got about halfway through it, and couldn't even drink the rest..I was stressed like "why am I drinking this crap, it's completely horrible for me AND I could be using these calories for some real food"...and I haven't given in again since.

Sweet tea however, I do miss. It is my favorite drink ever. I don't drink it...because I don't want to get my calories that way. However, I think I will treat myself to it sometime in the future. I deserve it after my hard work so far!

As far as diet sodas go...I'd steer clear. The calories from regular soda I'd rather ingest, than diet soda... My step mother- age 47 at the time last year, died January 2011 from a stroke. She drank diet sodas constantly, and that is what the Dr's determined caused her stroke. :( It's actually the first thing I cut out of my life (fake sweetners) because I was SCARED for my life from that traumatic event.
  • jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    I gave it up for Lent about 5 years ago. After Easter, I started drinking non-caffeinated soda. Two years ago, I gave those up too. Never regretted it at all. Just drink water now.
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have given up pepsi and switched to pepsi max or pepsi one or dr pepper 10. At first i hated it b/c i was sooooo addicted to pepsi but now regular pepsi taste funny to me. It will be hard at first but its definitely worth it in the end b/c you have all those extra calories to eat something else. I still occassionally have a regular pepsi b/c my husband just has to have it in the house but its rare now.
  • mluchies
    mluchies Posts: 26
    Options
    I was addicted for years...kept going back and forth. Would drink at least a two liter a day if not more. I gave it up for 2011 and have only had a couple of drinks of soda since and will never go back...you feel so much better without it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!