need some advice on overcoming a plateau :)

so, it's been almost a month and i haven't lost any more weight.. i fluctuate between 155-157. i weigh more on the days i drink a lot of water haha. i exercise 5-6 days a week for an hour at the minimum and really don't go off my diet often. i switch up my workouts frequently too so that my body doesn't get used to them. i have lost a couple inches, and i can definitely see a little more definition in my arms, legs and a little in my abs.

but an issue i have is i start to get really discouraged when i'm losing losing losing and then BAM! stop losing. the scale will not budge no matter what. i know that muscle > fat and i'm sure that's some of the factor, but i need some advice!

what should i do to get over this plateau?? i'm not saying i wanna drop anything crazy like 10 or 15 pounds in a week, but a half a pound or so a week would be nice!

Replies

• I was at a plateau and last week i cut carbs from my supper. I eat them for breakfast and/or lunch but for supper i just replace them with more vegetables. Just with this change i lost 2 pounds in a week. I also heard that "zig-zaging" your calorie intake works for plateaus too, but a haven't tried it. Good luck!
  • Make your workouts more intense. Like intervals or something, so that your can readjust and then lose more. READ the best life diet book. It talks about points and pushing past them.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    How many calories are you consuming? I was stuck for awhile and then upped my calorie intake and have finally started to make some more progress. It'll take a week or two for it to kick in and you may gain a small amount initially while your body is adjusting.