first step to a new life....

Options
i need a lot of help and support, so if anyone can add me to help push and encourage me to make better choices......i weigh 275 lbs and i am trying to look 60 lbs but i need help and support.. please if you have any success storied any advice.. feel free to comment or add me i am a young 22 but i want a healthy rest of of my life

Replies

• ashli_rose
    Options
    Hey sweetie! I am pretty young too, 19 :) I think you are making a great decision at a great time. You are young enough to be able to do this with way more ease than if you were middle aged. We all need support from those who are working towards the same goal. I dont need to lose as much weight, but I know how you feel. I used to be 115 and very athletic. I am still athletic but I can't do near as much as I could before. My downfall was when I got pregnant. I love my son to peices but he wasn't kind to my body. I have 35 lbs to lose now to get down to 120 lbs. And I know it's not much, but it's a lot to me. Also, the more wieght you have/need to lose, the easier it is. Once you start watching your diet and excercising it will melt away :) You just have to be consistant with it! I you want, I would love to be your friend and support eachother through this.
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    Shan......you said you wanted to lose 60 pounds, BE at 60 pounds, or just simply LOOK that way? Three totally different things.......

My thoughts........if you want to lose 60 pounds, more power to ya! I know you can do it! But have you ever considered losing more than that at all? No offense and please read on........I myself weighed 257.........I am down to 235 right now........and I feel as though in order to be at a healthy weight for my heighth, 5'0, and build that I need to get out of the 200s first and then focus on what is right for my body size. All, I am saying is that if you really want to challenge yourself, I can and will be there for you.........don't be afraid to lose more!

If you want to BE at 60 pounds......again, more power to ya.......but I strongly urge you to talk to a doc before you get in a mindset about it all. To ask if this is acceptable for the type of body you have concerning your heighth and build. And also find out the dangers of being under the weight you should be at for your body type.

And if you want to LOOK that way, then you ought to define what that means to you. Again, talking to a doc about how you feel is very important!

Just some advice........take it or leave it..........but above all, know that you do have the support!