Why izzit?

Options
When people don't hear exactly what they want to hear, they get mad? Listen up folks!

When you post something in a public place, people are going to have opinions and they aren't all going to agee with you. Heck, it's not always even in your best interest that everyone agree with you!! First of all, If you had all the answers, you wouldn't be asking the questions in the first place, right? Second of all, When you post something that makes people worry about you, you're probably secretly asking for help, and there are some blunt, but caring, people around here..they are going to say GET HELP. Some things public support boards can help with, some stuff is serious and needs attention. Most of us know the difference.

Just because someone tells you something in HONESTY... DOES NOT mean that they ARE NOT being supportive. They are being truthful...and sometimes the truth hurts. Get over, get under it, ignore, get around it, make excuses, do what you must..

but

always remember, and HONESTLY I say this with the greatest amount of love, support and respect:

YOU ASKED FOR IT!

'nuff said.

Replies

• lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    When people don't hear exactly what they want to hear, they get mad? Listen up folks!

When you post something in a public place, people are going to have opinions and they aren't all going to agee with you. Heck, it's not always even in your best interest that everyone agree with you!! First of all, If you had all the answers, you wouldn't be asking the questions in the first place, right? Second of all, When you post something that makes people worry about you, you're probably secretly asking for help, and there are some blunt, but caring, people around here..they are going to say GET HELP. Some things public support boards can help with, some stuff is serious and needs attention. Most of us know the difference.

Just because someone tells you something in HONESTY... DOES NOT mean that they ARE NOT being supportive. They are being truthful...and sometimes the truth hurts. Get over, get under it, ignore, get around it, make excuses, do what you must..

but

always remember, and HONESTLY I say this with the greatest amount of love, support and respect:

YOU ASKED FOR IT!

'nuff said.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    So true. :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Wow Lynnie...you have been taking lessons from Dave!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    You're right on, Lynnie. When we post it here and ASK for opinions, we get 'em! :flowerforyou:
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Incredibly well said, and very true. Some people just want acknowledgment and reinforcement of their bad behaviors or irresponsible choices, and when they hear something that is actually in opposition to that and potentially good for them, it's a shock to their world of denial!

I love this site for the kindness of its members, but I love it more for the honesty and general no BS when it comes to the changes I am trying to make.

Thanks for calling this out.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Go Lynnie! But the ones that need it won't read this post because it's not about them.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Thanks. :blushing:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Wow Lynnie...you have been taking lessons from Dave!

Indeed I very well may have. However, if Dave said it, people would be up in arms, offended, and wanting to argue with him or report his post. Interesting double standard now that I think about it. Calorie free food for thought.....
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Go Lynnie! But the ones that need it won't read this post because it's not about them.

BINGO!!!!
  • lynniejones
    Options
    I like the Wizard of Oz.

If I'm a munchkin you are a flying monkey.
    Or a flying monkey's uncle.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    And P.S. if you think I'm talking to you or about you, I probably am. :laugh:
    :laugh: And again..i mean it with love.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Great post Lynnie!!

I guess the truth hurts sometimes. :ohwell:

But enabling isn't helping people at all and sometimes the truth does need to be said.

:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

That's what makes you my girl-crush! :love:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

but

YOU ASKED FOR IT!

'nuff said.

I disagree with you!!! You are wrong!! I am mad!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: You are not supportive. :cry:

:wink: But some people do need the truth "carefully crafted so it lands softly". I'm not one of them, usually, but I know a few.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

so...you talkin bout me?

me?

I'm standin here....

who you talkin to?

you talkin to me?
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Here here! :drinker:

But tell me what I want to hear. :wink:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Here here! :drinker:

But tell me what I want to hear. :wink:

Okay. You are so hawt. The end.
    :happy:
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    That does it. Now I'm mad. Where else am I going to go and get coddled now?!?!? :mad:

Oh well. There's always www.tomorrowisanotherday.com. :frown:
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    Oh, and "boo hoo, not everyone responds to the same blah blah blah blah."

Of course, not everyone succeeds either, do they? :huh:

Lynnie, you're awesome when I'm cranky. Thanks. :drinker: