Help!?

Options
Hi! I join MFP two weeks ago, but have been working out and eating better for about a month now, and I have been doing good so far (down 17 pounds!) But I woke up today and I knew immediately that I had hit a roadblock. I don't want to workout at all! Just the thought makes me want to crawl into a hole. (Dramatic I know, sorry) I just need some help with some new motivational stories or something, anything would be helpful! Thanks to everyone in advance.

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Do you actually like what you're doing as a workout? That could be a problem.
  • sprocket99
    Options
    Are you doing the same workout each day? maybe you're getting bored with it?
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it!

Everyone has good and bad days!

And, if you have changed your routine recently, you may just be tired. Rest is as important to an exercise regime as frequency and duration. The goal is to build a more healthy person. Not too push so hard that we get sick or injured.

Take a day off and then come back at it refreshed.
  • momma81
    momma81 Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you tried Kickboxing? It hurts but its so much fun. I do it and sometimes I find it hard to go but once I'm there I love it.
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hate just about anything workout related that is not a sport. But I do agree that it could be time to switch up my routine a little, I have been sticking mostly to 15 minutes on an elliptical, 15 minutes of weights and twenty minutes of pilates. What are some good workouts that I could switch pilates out for?
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Mix up your workout, change the time, the place, the people you workout with. Find a new challenge but within your goals of fitness and weight loss. This haappens to everyone I'm sure, or at least most people.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    just DO it. You WILL feel great afterward! We all have those days, i had one Tuesday before my workout. I layed on the couch in my workout clothes and wanted to just take a nap. I got up and did it anyways and felt fantastic for doing so.

Are you up and on your feet yet? ;o) You can do it!!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Definitely try new work outs! I personally get bored of all my workouts but switch it up from home DVDs to gym workouts to walking/jogging outside. Also if you get bored of home DVDs because you've done them awhile mute them and put on dance music or high energy music. :flowerforyou:

Trust me I've been there. After taking 2 weeks off for the holidays I did not want to get up to do anything but eat and go out and drink. But after forcing myself and taking it slow again (only 2-3 days of working out) then I found motivation to work out 5 days a week and I love the rush it gives you.

Think of all the things you will be able to do once a healthy ideal weight! Think of the clothes, the compliments and confidence you will have after all that stubborn fat is gone. :smile: Right now my goal is to be sexy for summer so I can FINALLY feel ok walking around in a bathing suit. YOU CAN DO IT! :happy: and if you fall of the wagon don't beat yourself up. Tell yourself you deserve better than this body and make it happen! Good Luck!
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    try zumba, you dont feel like you are working out, its just really good fun and burns loads of calories, good luck. x
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You need to find your passion.....

I know this like an obvious answer but you may find something you love in the strangest activity....

Mine is running which I hate on the treadmill then one day just for a laugh I ran outside in the park - only short intervals at first (after all I still weighed over 100lbs) now 7 months later I LOVE running but only outside...

Try lots of different things

When you have a bad day thts OK too - and of course thats what we are all here for - to support you....

Lucy
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    New playlist sometimes helps? Get out for a walk to at least move! You can do it! Hardest step is the FIRST one. Then one after the other. Good Luck :wink:
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    While most days I am ready to go to the gym and feel absolutely terrific after, there are always going to be days you just don't feel like it when you had already planned to go. On those days, I remember what my very wise mother says..."Exercise can sometimes be like your job. When you wake up in the morning and don't want to go, what do you do? You go anyway because you know it's the right thing to do"...Since she's never been above a size 10 and I started on this site (under a different ID) at a size 24, I'm going to listen to mother's wisdom (finally)!

I take Zumba a few times a week to mix it up and only go to the gym a few times also. I'm never bored :) Good luck finding the workout that works for you!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you would replace Pilates with. I'm at the end of the last week of Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30, and I can tell you she kicked my *SS! If you have On Demand you can try different workouts and see what you like, or youtube even. They have tons of workouts on there. I can't afford a gym membership, so I work out at home. I love kickboxing, and Turbo Jam, but after 2 years I felt like I needed to ween myself off Chalene Johnson and try something else. I still go back to Turbo Jam when I want a really good calorie burn, though.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I will pass on to you the best advice I have ever been given in my life:

"Suck it up, Princess."
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will pass on to you the best advice I have ever been given in my life:

"Suck it up, Princess."

Lol, thanks! I just needed a good kick in the pants!