Treadmill routine

Options
Does anyone have a good treadmill routine to burn fat? How long, how fast, incline??

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Intervals are effective for losing fat. You could either run as fast as you can, I usually do 8 or 9mph for a 1-2 minutes, then just walke at 3-4 for 1-2 mintues and so on. Or you could walk and just increase and decrease incline. I usually go for about 30 minutes, and a short warm up and cool down.
  • mtneerjk81
    mtneerjk81 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I do quite a bit of interval training on a treadmill. So what chicky mentions would be great. I do mine slightly different though. If you have a treadmill that has the dotted lights showing your progress around a lap (.25 mile), that would be very helpful. I walk a half lap 3.5-4.0 mph, then crank up the speed to somewhere between 7.0-9.0 and run the other half lap. Every couple miles, I'll throw in a full lap run as well. Adjusting the incline throughout the workout is really a great way to increase the difficulty. I'll do this for about an hour. It usually works out to be around 5 miles and will really crush calories. You can burn anywhere between 700 and 900 calories per hour using this routine depending on how intense you run and the incline you use.