Any suggestions?

Options
I'm doing my weekly shopping today and I need some ideas for what to get. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies but I need some good sources of protein, keep in mind I am a waitress so it needs to be something I can eat on the go. Dinner suggestions are welcome as well. Thanks a ton!

Replies

• marlopaterson
    Options
    Quinoa is a fabulous source of protein! I am a newly turned vegetarian and it's one of my staples. You can use it in any dish you'd use rice in - or eat it on it's own. It's got a great nutty flavor and it's super easy to cook. I usually make it in huge batches and freeze it in portions. I love it in the mornings cooked with milk, and adding cinnamon and fresh fruit for an oatmeal type meal. It's great for lunches in salads, made into little patties like hash browns almost.. I eat it at least once a day, but often more. If you're interested, I'll be happy to message you some of my favorite quinoa recipes. Good luck!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Eggs, tuna, nonfat milk, nonfat cheese, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, tilapia fillets