Impressive anger management (rant)

Options
2»

Replies

• psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I think I might have daintily eaten my food with one finger up all fancy like. I'm sure you can guess which finger would be saluting (and it isn't the pinky!)

I love it :laugh:
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You should have said Yep and then stared at him the whole time you ate every last morsel.lol
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You should have said Yep and then stared at him the whole time you ate every last morsel.lol

I also love this :laugh:
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    My sympathies, I get it at work all the time. Sat down for lunch with a massive salad for lunch (and it was huge), all 250 calories of it and my co worker said, 'well you're not going to lose weight eating something that size' whilst she tucked into her 2 sandwiches, crisps and chocolate bar. She litterally can't see my food without a comment, my 5:30 snack got 'eating again' today. I just don't know what to say to shut her up! So i'm just waiting till i'm skinny and i'll stick 2 fingers up at her.

It's really interesting to me how insecure people get when the people around them start making positive changes. Just know that she only says those things to make herself feel better because she's threatened. You're going to look amazing and she knows it.
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My sympathies, I get it at work all the time. Sat down for lunch with a massive salad for lunch (and it was huge), all 250 calories of it and my co worker said, 'well you're not going to lose weight eating something that size' whilst she tucked into her 2 sandwiches, crisps and chocolate bar. She litterally can't see my food without a comment, my 5:30 snack got 'eating again' today. I just don't know what to say to shut her up! So i'm just waiting till i'm skinny and i'll stick 2 fingers up at her.

It's really interesting to me how insecure people get when the people around them start making positive changes. Just know that she only says those things to make herself feel better because she's threatened. You're going to look amazing and she knows it.

Thank you, this made me smile, a lot :D
  • brandishane
    Options
    Don't let people like that steal your joy. They don't even realize half the time that they are being insulting. You are worth it and you earned every calorie of that meal! My grandma used to give me backhanded compliements like...you don't look as fat as you used to...it's hard to recover from "insults" or digs when they come from people who you EXPECT to support you. Don't sweat the small stuff and chalk it up to his ignorance and lack of a filter. Be a strong beautiful woman and people will see you as that and soon you will see it in yourself. Don't hide in the kitchen eating your dinner. Maybe next time when this particular guest is over, you should start off the dinner conversation with all the wonderful things you did today all the calories that you have burned and that no one could ever steal your joy! I appreciate a good rant myself and I especially appreciate someone lifting me up in the midst of it. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • stevo7723
    stevo7723 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Just think of the 7 pounds you have already lost keep going and laugh it off