First time in the Gym (strength training) NSV

stuart959
stuart959 Posts: 33 Member
Last weekend went to the gym for the first time since high school nearly a decade ago. In the last few months I've been on and off exercise and calorie counting, but have been walking on my treadmill and bow flexing. I wasn't going to town on the bow flex but when I went to the gym I was able to do 15 repetitions on the bicep machine at 50 Lbs. It was a stretch but I did it. Thats better than a decade ago :D Of course all the compliments from my girl friend helped too.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Last weekend went to the gym for the first time since high school nearly a decade ago. ..........

It's a good habit to get into! I do most of my workouts at home but that's a result of my unusual schedule - if you're planning on continuing with the gym consider getting a trainer at least for a few sessions to help you set up a routine.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Been there done that and i loved it! they use to call me the gym ratt for a while. then my gym was shut down. Now just working at home. I did get a personal trainer for a couple of weeks and it really helped me with the lifting. learned so much.
  • stuart959
    stuart959 Posts: 33 Member
    I might try a trainer later on but for now I'm just trying every machine in sight and it hasn't killed me yet! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!