Buying CLothes

Options
I have lost some pounds and my clothes now look baggy on me. However, I still have about 20 more pounds to loose. What do you guys do as you drop weight, wear your old clothes or continue to but every couple months. i have gone from a size 10/12 to a 6 or 8 in dress pants, and a from a 19/0 to a 7/8 in jeans. My sister has been telling me that my pants are saggy, but I really dont want to spend money buying lots of new clothes. I intend to drop more pounds, so i really dont want to buy new spring and summer clothing at this size.

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    thrift stores or clearance racks!
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    ugh. i'm there now. all of my pants are falling off. finally put on a belt. i think i'm gonna wait until i'm sure i'm going to stay this weight before i buy new clothes?? although it's tempting to buy them now. i'd use a belt for as long as you can stand it (maybe buy 2 new pairs now???). i don't really care much about my work clothes anyway so they can be baggy and saggy for all i care...and usually just wear yoga pants at home and they are always fitted. but i am anxious to get some new clothes!
  • dshearrer
    dshearrer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been hitting up the Goodwill and thrift stores..goal is to only wear them a few weeks then take them back for a donation...lol...
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can buy some stretchy leggings and wear tunics with them.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    For me it's either very cheap stuff in the sales or charity shops or I buy stuff that will still look OK if it gets a bit big. I'm still wearing some of my old stuff, especially tops. I find leggings and loose dresses are good to have while you're shrinking.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I buy lots of stuff from thrift stores or on sale, but a few times I have splurged and bought new stuff :) lots of new stuff!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    All you work clothes are too big now so I'm going to buy some new pants, but only 2 pairs. I can alternate them with different tops for a couple of months and then do a major spree.
  • maralou09
    maralou09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I lost few inches from my thighs and waist. My friend said that my pants are getting too loose. I just bought one pair of pants from Express today. I just looked at it like a "prize" for doing a good job these last few weeks. =) But I will not buy anymore until I reach my goal. Need to loose my belly fat :(
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I hit the clearance racks in factory outlet and overstock stores, which mostly means Burkes Outlet in my little town unless I want to get out on the interstate. My luck at finding jeans and other pants there has been good enough that I rarely bother trying them on anymore if they'll cost me more than a dollar or two.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Goodwill 99 cent sale allllll the way....
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Its important to look presentable and professional when out and about. So, buy a few new peices in the right size. Get stuff on sale and really only get what you actually need. You don't need a whole new wardrobe, just a few functional items.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    ive been shopping at Target for their cheap clothes while i lose weight.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    right now I buy clearance stuff, because I started at a size 42 and now am a 36. so I only have a couple pairs of pants as of right now, shirts I can still get away with them being a little bigger still.
  • nbct08
    nbct08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I suggest buying skirts. They can usually work through a couple of sizes (better than pants, for sure). It's almost skirt-wearing season here in Oklahoma!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I would buy a few peices. It will make you feel good too!

I have been lucky to be able to "shop" in my own closet fitting back into stuff I already had in there. Some brand new some not.
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I look at the thrift stores all the time but never find anything that is anywhere near stylish in my size. The only things I have bought so far are a couple work out bottoms. I will need some new stuff pretty quickly though, so I will be trying to find as much on sale as possible, and will not buy much. The biggest problem will be bras! I can't stand how much they cost, but mine are getting so loose that I am going to have to do something soon!!!
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Goodwill and clearance! Yesterday I got 3 pairs of pants, 7 shirts and a really cute sweater for less than $50. Two of the shirts are a little smaller than I care for so I am using them as motivation :)
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have a closet full of various sizes from previous losses. My dilemma is end of season sales--do I buy what fits me now or what I anticipate will fit next winter? I'm a real bargain hunter and have trouble turning down a great deal. I just bought some Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in one size too small for $4.00 (reg. $42), can't wait to wear them.:smile:
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OP-Shops, charity shops whatever you want to call them. I have picked up plenty in between clothes from them, some hardly worn and all quality designer labels.(not that I am a labels guy)
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If I only had 20 more pounds to lose then I would invest in a belt. But since I'm trying to lose 150 pounds, I'm saving $5 for every pound I lose and then every time I hit 50 pounds I'll go shopping for some new clothes.