MFP Runner's ~ April 28

beckyi88
beckyi88 Posts: 604
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Happy Tuesday to you all!
Did a 2 mile run with a friend then half an hour of yoga/stretching followed by another 1.5 miles with a group of ladies from our YMCA. I'm definitely finding it easier to run with others. I'm having a whisper of a shinsplint in my left leg. I pulled out some stretches and exercises from Runner's World to do, but I'm hoping some of you know a miracle cure?!?! Thursday is my next planned run.
Happy running!

Becky

Replies

• beckyi88
    Happy Tuesday to you all!
    Did a 2 mile run with a friend then half an hour of yoga/stretching followed by another 1.5 miles with a group of ladies from our YMCA. I'm definitely finding it easier to run with others. I'm having a whisper of a shinsplint in my left leg. I pulled out some stretches and exercises from Runner's World to do, but I'm hoping some of you know a miracle cure?!?! Thursday is my next planned run.
    Happy running!

Becky
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    I'm hoping some of you know a miracle cure?!?!

ice and ibuprofen. :laugh:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi y'all! 8 miles for me today...

If you have shin splints, do you have a cold plunge??? I swear by that. It's awful, but wear your socks and put your i pod on and try to last 5 minutes. It's a cure all!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    4 mile run w/ speedwork (just 4 x 400 @ 7:19 pace, yeah for the last week of training!), then 1 mile incline walk.

Ab Ripper X tonight!

I agree- try ice for shin splints and check to make sure your shoes don't need to be replaced!
  • beckyi88
    Thanks for the ice advice! And especially thanks for not telling me to rest! :flowerforyou:
    Shoes are new, Mizunos and I had them fitted at a specialty store. I think the 6 miles Saturday were just too many miles too soon. Thanks again!
    Becky
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Hey runners! I'm pumped!!!

:tongue:

I'm in a great mood. I ran a hard-n-hilly 1.5. Then hit the weights HARD....and another hard-n-hilly 1.5 miles.

I did this new move called the "corkscrew" today in the weight room and it was tough but awesome, all at the same time.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Hi everyone. Did more biking than running today. Ran 4.5 and biked 28 miles today! The biking part was on a flat trail by the river, but let me tell you, I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I'm not a biker, so I was definitely using muscles that haven't been used in a bit.

Hope everyone had a good one!
  • gregoryk
    gregoryk Posts: 10
    I have had good luck adding miles slowly. I do not add more than 10 percent to my weekly miles each week. The same is true for my weekly long run (if you did 4 last week it should only be 4.4 next week). This is my first year sticking to this plan and it is the first year i have not had pain.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    4 mile run w/ speedwork (just 4 x 400 @ 7:19 pace, yeah for the last week of training!), then 1 mile incline walk.

Ab Ripper X tonight!

I agree- try ice for shin splints and check to make sure your shoes don't need to be replaced!

I :heart: Ab Ripper X :love: :love: --will be doing it tomorrow!

I took a few days off from running, because I kinda tweeked my ankle last week, ran 2.5 this morning with no issues.
This discussion has been closed.