Think yourself thin?

Options
I was reading an artiicle which says that we can supposedly think ourselves thin by rewiring our thought processes. This will then help change our behaviour.

How? :noway:

THINK about how you will look and feel a month after you have achieved your weight- loss goal — slim and healthy. Now, visualise yourself three months after that and six months later. Commit to spending one minute just before you go to sleep each night and one minute when you wake each morning (while you are in a sleepy, trance-like state) visualising yourself like this. Creating powerful positive emotions helps generate faith in your ability to succeed.

WRITE down exactly what you want to achieve — to be comfortable in size 12 jeans? To run a marathon? — and what you are prepared to do to get there — ‘I will eat less’ or ‘I will stick to a training regime’. Read this mission statement out loud twice a day.

IDENTIFY the thoughts and behaviour that may have kept you from achieving your goals in the past. Make a list of all the things that could have been making you fat (too many takeaways, too much wine), then write a list of alternative behaviours that you intend to do instead (planning meals, drinking alcohol only at weekends).

KEEP a food diary: write down everything that passes your lips. Studies show that even if you don’t consciously restrict your food intake, a diary makes you more conscious of what you eat. Being aware is a step forward.

SPEND time with like-minded people who have already achieved or have similar goals. Who you spend time with directly affects your attitude because your unconscious mind will be continually processing their shared experiences as well as your own.

FOLLOW two simple eating rules: never use food as a reward or treat — eat only because your body needs fuel, then give it the best quality fuel possible. Never ban yourself from eating something. This will only make you want it more.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2108360/Yes-CAN-think-thinner-.html#ixzz1nte4Ex00

Let me know if any of you have tried it and if it worked? :smile:

Replies

• fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    GOOD OLD daily mail huh! I guess we all do all of that with the various programmes we are all on now anyway, food diaries, surrounding ourselves with like minded people be it on MFP.