Too many veggies?

Options
Tiff1124
Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
Hi everyone!

I used to consume a lot of fruit and vegetables, which is a good thing, but my sugar intake was always high, so I curbed the fruits and replaced with more veggies. I am just wondering now, am I eating too many? My lunches usually consist of a big salad with tons of vegetables, same with dinner, I have a salad with almost every meal and even veggies for snacks.

Is there such a thing as "too many greens?"

Replies

• kleighsamboer
    Options
    no. veggies and greens are the best thing you can eat. when your body is more alkaline it functions better and makes it easier to lose weight. fruit is great too but it is better to eat lower sugar fruits. I eat a high raw food diet and eat lots of veggies.
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    No, by all means, keep eating your vegetables. However, fats and protein are vital for satiety and whole host of other bodily needs, which vegetables lack, for the most part. Add an avocado and whatever lean protein works for you and your salad will be unstoppable.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    As long as you are getting adequate protein to build lean muscle then you can eat all the veggies you want. You would likely want to stay watch intake of potatoes, field peas and corn for the same reason you cut your fruit back as the sugars on those will add up quickly.

If you stick with the greens and non-starchy veggies, there likely will never be a too many.
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    just so you know dark leafy greens have protein. they actually have more available and complete protein than any meat source. you can research it online or check out green for life by victoria boutenko