Weight loss and tattoos

Options
Hi there,
I'm a student journalist and I was looking to interview someone for an article about how their weight loss affected their tattoo? It won't be published at all it's just a project for college that I'll be graded on.

I've read up on it here and I understand that weight loss doesn't seem to affect them that much but it'd be great to get an interview with someone about their worries about it before they lost the weight, the affect they noticed during, and how their tattoo looks now? As well as a few questions about your weightloss journey :)

I know this is probably a strange thing to post on here but I didn't really know where else to post and you're all so inspiring with your weight losses. It'd be really helpful if someone would be willing to answer a few questions via private messages and perhaps even provide some pictures?

Replies

• Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Mine are all in places that aren't really affected by my weight loss. They all look the same as the day I got them.

Sorry that's not helpful :-)
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I lost 49lbs and have two tattoos on my lower back. I was lucky and they look great even better!
  • ChristmasCrystal
    ChristmasCrystal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a full back piece and lost 84lbs and it hasn't affected them at all.
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have one on my stomach under my belly button. After a pregnancy with twins, it still looks good.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I have one on my inner thigh. 63 pounds down and it looks exactly the same. I was 160ish pounds when i got it, gained 70 pounds, lost most of it and the tattoo still looks the same.
  • KatieLauren19
    Options
    When I got my tattoos I made sure to get them in places that wouldn't be effected by weight gain or pregnancy. But most of my friends with them have not seen much of a change.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I have three tattoos, one on each bicep in roughly the same spot, one on my arm above bicep extending up to my shoulder. The two on my bicep I got before I lost the weight. One was 16 years ago, I wasn't at my heaviest but I was probably about 100 lbs heavier than I am now, another one close to my heaviest weight, and then the third one I got 90 lbs ago, when I lost 100 lbs. I haven't noticed much change, but my friends seem to think they look bigger, but it's probably because my arms have gotten smaller and more defined.
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have a mermaid on my hip/leg she is pinup style and now has a wrinkle of loose skin through her and her head has gotten smaller than her body has :(
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Sorry, my 5 tattoo's still look the same as when I got them
  • dawnie_t
    dawnie_t Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have lost 160lbs and have so many tattoos I have lost count:) All over too, if you want to use me for your interview, i'm game!
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Mine are both in places that aren't affected. I am, however, planning a rib tattoo as soon as I'm skinny enough to show it to the world!

Btw, hello fellow journalist :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!