HOw long should i wait??

Options
How long should i wait before i start making adjustments to how much im eating? I havnt been doing this calorie counting thing for long but i want to know how many weeks/days i should wait to adjustust and kinda tinker with the way i eat to suit what my body needs. I hope that makes sence. For example if in 2 weeks i only lose 1 pound should i then adjust my calorie intake or workouts or is 2 weeks not enough time to really see if its working or not?

Replies

• EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    How long should i wait before i start making adjustments to how much im eating? I havnt been doing this calorie counting thing for long but i want to know how many weeks/days i should wait to adjustust and kinda tinker with the way i eat to suit what my body needs. I hope that makes sence. For example if in 2 weeks i only lose 1 pound should i then adjust my calorie intake or workouts or is 2 weeks not enough time to really see if its working or not?
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I would say that two weeks isn't really long enough to start adjusting stuff. Remember that you're trying to make a lifestyle change and the best way to take weight off and keep it off is to take it slow. Dont worry if you plateau here and there, that's natural. Take heart and have patience, you're doing the right thing for yourself here! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would stick with one thing for at least 4 months if no progress then change but remember 1 pound is progress so is being able to go 1mile longer and so on....
  • jmshep426
    Options
    Every body is different. Personally, I stay about 3-5 days behind with results. So, what I am doing today positive or negative will show on the scale 3-5 days from now. Keeping the log will help you to determine your pattern. I would recommend two or three weeks, just for that simple reason. Also, not sure what your eating habits have been before, but depending on that you may need to go about a month before you make any changes, just to tell your body that you are not going to revert to bad eating habits.... Just a thought.... If it does not apply to you just ignore... Take care and best of luck to you!