Karma is a....

Options
rethun01
rethun01 Posts: 167
So last night my mother in law takes my husband, brother-in-law, and me out for a combined birthday dinner. (We're only 12 days apart) She took us to Wildfire, which is amazing food.

I had eaten very good all day to make up for the extra calories I was bound to eat at dinner. Before I left the office I looked up items on the menu, decided what I was going to eat that fit into my remaning calories and logged it, determined to stay within my limits.

Well... with 2 huge football players on either side of me ordering the most delicious food I gave in and ate whatever I wanted. Goat cheese dip appetizer, calamari, lobster bisque, apple martini, two glasses of wine, and crab encrusted filet medallions. It was truly delicious.

So when I sit back to let my gut breathe a bit, the hostess is sitting someone down at the table next to us. :noway: It just happened to be Greg Olsen from the Chicago Bears. :love: Also known as the man I like to call my "football boyfriend".

I almost died. Here I am about to burst I'm so full and one of the men on my "Top Ten List" sits down next to me.

So that's Karma for you. Of course my husband found it to be quite hilarious.

Replies

• rethun01
    Options
    So last night my mother in law takes my husband, brother-in-law, and me out for a combined birthday dinner. (We're only 12 days apart) She took us to Wildfire, which is amazing food.

I had eaten very good all day to make up for the extra calories I was bound to eat at dinner. Before I left the office I looked up items on the menu, decided what I was going to eat that fit into my remaning calories and logged it, determined to stay within my limits.

Well... with 2 huge football players on either side of me ordering the most delicious food I gave in and ate whatever I wanted. Goat cheese dip appetizer, calamari, lobster bisque, apple martini, two glasses of wine, and crab encrusted filet medallions. It was truly delicious.

So when I sit back to let my gut breathe a bit, the hostess is sitting someone down at the table next to us. :noway: It just happened to be Greg Olsen from the Chicago Bears. :love: Also known as the man I like to call my "football boyfriend".

I almost died. Here I am about to burst I'm so full and one of the men on my "Top Ten List" sits down next to me.

So that's Karma for you. Of course my husband found it to be quite hilarious.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

At least he showed up when you were done and not while you were stuffing your face. There is always a bright side! :drinker:
  • rethun01
    Options

At least he showed up when you were done and not while you were stuffing your face. There is always a bright side! :drinker:

Who knows, maybe he would think I was exotic. Because the two women he was with only ordered salads. .. They probably haven't seen real food since they were 9 years old.

And he ordered the porterhouse with like 3 sides of potatoes.

If he saw me maybe he would have been like, "Wow! There's a woman that can down some steak!" :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Who knows, maybe he would think I was exotic. Because the two women he was with only ordered salads. .. They probably haven't seen real food since they were 9 years old.

If he saw me maybe he would have been like, "Wow! There's a woman that can down some steak!" :heart:

Salads. Pfft. Those aren't real women. If you're in a place of good food...EAT GOOD FOOD! Glad you had a good dinner & got to see one of your Top Ten! Did you talk to him at all?
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Good point! :drinker:
  • rethun01
    Options
    Did you talk to him at all?

No, I actually feel really bad for celebrities when people just walk up to their table and start talking to them. I don't want to be the person to spoil their "normal night out"!

Besides, like a year ago he threw out the first pitch at a Chicago Cubs game I was at. And I'll be honest, I'd had a very frosty beverages at the game. So when he walked through our section I yelled really loud, "Greg! I love you! I want to have your babies!" He turned around with a big grin on his face.

My hubby told me I should have turned to him at the dinner table on monday night and been like, "Do you remember that crazy chick that yelled to you at the cubs game last year..." Just to see if he remembered. LOL