Water aerobics class

Options
MTGirl
MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
We signed up for a family membership at the Y a couple of weeks ago - they had a special healthy kids day and waived the initiation fee. So we went Sat and got our cards and took the girls swimming and I asked about the water aerobics class. Sounded like fun. I have to be at work early right now, and they have a class from 5:45 to 6:30 a.m.

So, I had to do some fancy talking to drag my tired butt out of bed this morning, but I did it and tried the class out. I was really nervous - but I went anyway. :heart: :heart: It is great!! I had so much fun, met an old friend there and wasn't even the biggest girl in the class. If you get a chance to take a class - go for it. I'm sure I'll be feelin' it later today :smile: So, I guess I'll be changing my workout schedule to fit in Tues and Thurs a.m. classed :glasses:

Replies

• MTGirl
    Options
    We signed up for a family membership at the Y a couple of weeks ago - they had a special healthy kids day and waived the initiation fee. So we went Sat and got our cards and took the girls swimming and I asked about the water aerobics class. Sounded like fun. I have to be at work early right now, and they have a class from 5:45 to 6:30 a.m.

So, I had to do some fancy talking to drag my tired butt out of bed this morning, but I did it and tried the class out. I was really nervous - but I went anyway. :heart: :heart: It is great!! I had so much fun, met an old friend there and wasn't even the biggest girl in the class. If you get a chance to take a class - go for it. I'm sure I'll be feelin' it later today :smile: So, I guess I'll be changing my workout schedule to fit in Tues and Thurs a.m. classed :glasses:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics is a GREAT class! It's easy on the joints of the body!!

AWESOME you got out of bed!!:drinker:
  • angelascott919
    Options
    I used to go to a water aerobics class a few years ago when I lived in another state. Seeing your posting reminded me and I'll have to look around here and see if I can find one to go to. It is so much fun and a great workout.

Thanks for sharing
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there's a Y around here.... I can't afford a gym membership.

But when I had a gym membership - can anyone tell me why it seems they always schedule the classes I want to take during the day when normal people are at work? :frown: :frown:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there's a Y around here.... I can't afford a gym membership.

But when I had a gym membership - can anyone tell me why it seems they always schedule the classes I want to take during the day when normal people are at work? :frown: :frown:

Don't you hate that? all the cool classes are for the non 9-5ers
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Yeah - I saw a lot of good classes during working hours. :grumble:

Our membership isn't super expensive and I did get a raise last month - so we decided with the waiver of the initiation fee we could swing it. My 13 year old has her own card so she can hop on the bus and go get some exercise - she is interested in doing something. Plus, being able to swim in the winter will be helpful for my 5 y.o. - she freaked when we went into the pool Sat! Got comfy with it eventually though :happy: I'm psyched over a fun class that actually fits into my schedule :drinker:
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a water aerobics class at the college this term! It's an 80 minute class, two days a week. I looked up how many calories I'd burn...and it says like 550, can that be true?