South Beach Diet --DAY 5 CRAVINGS

Options
I don't mean to be a baby..but I am going crazy with carbo cravings.. I want the first piece of bread that I see!!.. Fixated on chips!!.. What can I substitute to get over this.. Don't tell me vegetables..They are coming out of my ears.. I want to succeed and stick to the program but I haven't seen a pound loss in the past 2 days..have been religiously following food plan..and having cravings like crazy.. No weight loss, no carbs, no candy..not a motivator ... Help friends who have carried on thru this tough time

Replies

• sparkyspal
    sparkyspal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be a baby..but I am going crazy with carbo cravings.. I want the first piece of bread that I see!!.. Fixated on chips!!.. What can I substitute to get over this.. Don't tell me vegetables..They are coming out of my ears.. I want to succeed and stick to the program but I haven't seen a pound loss in the past 2 days..have been religiously following food plan..and having cravings like crazy.. No weight loss, no carbs, no candy..not a motivator ... Help friends who have carried on thru this tough time
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I don't know of anything you can substitute. Take a walk or a jog or workout - that will give you the endorphin rush that should help you feel better and kill the cravings. Only thing I know that works! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    u expect a pound loss in 2 days? that is a bit much..perhaps and this is just my opinion but why dont you concentrate on the excercise part of weight loss and healthy living until you are ready to tackle the food part..sometimes we have to take things at our own pace.,..so we dont set ourselves up to be discouraged...u seem to be taking teh diet and going at it 100% rather than catering it to your needs...maybe south beach isnt the plan for you..do some research and create something you can live comfortably with...good luck
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Are you allowed to have skim milk? Drink it slowly. It works.
  • kitikat
    kitikat Posts: 15
    Options
    All i can suggest is have some plain yogurt with sugar free davinci syrup or some "dessert". I didn't have bread cravings so i don't know what to tell you. I had sugar cravings real bad. I made sure to have an approved dessert to help. I have a wonderful phase 1 cheesecake recipe if you woud like. Now that i am in pahse 2 i add 1/2c fiber one to it as my evening snack.
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options

If you are craving them after only one or two days, it will be even worse later on. Why don't you just exercise and eat what you want in moderation, track your calories. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I just exercise more and watch what I eat; and it's working for me. I don't think I could go on the no carb diet. It would kill me, and I've heard most people gain that weight back. Just my opinion.
    pam
  • ohrscarlet
    Options
    You are doing awesome I tried the South Beach Diet and quit half way through the first day. So the fact that you are on day 5 is something to be proud of. Stay strong and you will get past the cravings.