New-ish :)

Options
So I'm 21 years old... turning 22 in a few months.

After getting married last summer, I knew that I needed to lose weight. I didn't try to lose a lot before the wedding because I was comfortable with my body. Following the wedding, things started becoming clear: carrying 100 lbs (at least) of excess weight was becoming to be a reality for me... My 130 lb husband weighed less than half of what I did... my in-laws are incredibly slim and active - hiking, playing hockey, baseball... I never played with them as I was so embarrassed and ashamed of my 'condition.' It was becoming too much to accept...

My starting weight was 280 lbs when I started MFP in January 2012. Currently, I'm at 262.8 lbs. The transformation isn't incredibly noticeable just yet... but my clothes are starting to feel loose, and my waist is significantly more defined, as I've lost 3 inches in this short period of time.

My husband is incredibly supportive and encouraging - letting me cry on his shoulder when I need to, and motivating me to 'do my exercises' or eat a banana instead of that pan of brownies... without him, none of this would have been possible.

After first joining MFP, I resolved to lose 100 lbs. I thought that was all I could dream of succeeding at... but after sifting through the success stories on the message boards, I think I've decided that I'm going to aim for a goal weight of 160 lbs. It's not set in stone, but I've seen some miraculous stories. When I told my husband that I wanted to get down to about 160-170 lbs originally, he told me that that goal might be 'too ambitious' for me... mind you, he wasn't saying it to be mean, but it spoke to my deepest fear - that I'm always meant to be 'overweight, big girl.'

But after reading so many other women (and men's!!) success stories, I think that I can do it too. I know it's going to take a while... probably more than a year, but I'm willing to try and succeed. My first goal is to get into "onederland,' but after that, I want to be somewhere between 160 and 170 lbs. Because it's not impossible, right?? I don't even remember the last time I weighed in under 200 lbs, it had to be back in junior high... maybe even late elementary school.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself. Please add me as a friend if you get a chance!! I'd love to meet more people and be a part of this amazing community that motivates, encourages, and builds each other up!!