Doing a clense...Is it beneficial?

Options
Has anyone ever done a clense? Are they helpful? I feel like I would feel better if I did one and it would be a good place to start my weight loss.

Any suggestions on a kind to use? I have been looking at the Dual Action Clense.

Thanks!

Replies

• kimgibbons
    kimgibbons Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever done a clense? Are they helpful? I feel like I would feel better if I did one and it would be a good place to start my weight loss.

Any suggestions on a kind to use? I have been looking at the Dual Action Clense.

Thanks!
  • PELLEGK1
    PELLEGK1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Ive been contimplating the same thing - actually just talked to my fiance about it last night ----
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Don't do a cleanse for weight loss. It will not help you much there. People on this site are very divided about cleanses.

I did one when I first started here and had done them a couple of times before. Now that I am eating clean and exercising regularly, I don't feel the same way that I used to and do not feel they are necessary now.
  • exercisediva
    Options
    I did the Dual Action Cleanse and I didn't see any difference. Save your money. You can take some benefiber everyday and have the same results.

151375.png
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    if your doing it to see pounds drop i think your too early in the game and need to stick with excercise and eating right...at max u may get 1-2 pound loss but thats not really anything because its all water anyhow...it doesnt jump start weight loss just my opinion but it flushes your body of many of its much NEEDED nutrients..you will get better results from eating right and excercising to your full capacity. The body can cleanse itself when needed...most cleanses are just a nice way to say laxative use....which can actually turn into an addiction and disorder.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that the body is a "self cleaning" machine.... if you drink lots of water, and eat lots of roughage and fibre, you bowels and colon should be clean.

If you are doing a program like this, and eating a clean diet, you shouldn't need to detox.

The one organ that could use a detox is the liver. Twice a year I take a milk thistle liquid in the a.m. and a fibre bulk in the p.m., for one week. I do this under the advisement of my naturopath. My ND also said it is important to stop eating at dinner time, to give your body a good rest over night. You don't want your organs working on digesting food when your body should be repairing tissues during sleep.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term bowel reeducation. I do a 'natural cleanse' of fruit and vegetables at every meal and fish if you must have meat.
  • wmlyons2006
    Options
    I do the Jordan Rubin cleanse which is very healthy and did a great job jump starting my weight loss. I actually do it 4 times a year now just because I feel so good afterwards. I know once I have learned to stick with my new eating plan on a regular basis the difference won't be as easy to see. It is much different from most of the cleanses you find out there. It has supliments that you can buy to use with it but I don't always use them I have a couple of times just followed the eating plan which seems to work just as well.
  • stizzef
    stizzef Posts: 39
    Options
    I have done a cleanse twice - both times i dropped 3-5 lbs. This wasn't water weight either...it was real weight. I cut wheat, sugar, dairy, caffeine and alcohol out of my diet for 30 days - that'll drop the weight off anyone!
    :smile:
  • eshwok45
    eshwok45 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm doing one this week. This is the second time I've done it. The first time was a couple years ago but I remember feeling a lot better when I completed it. Am hoping for the same or better results.

I'm using the Quick Cleanse by Zand. It's a lot of pills but it is all natural, which is what I used last time. You can get it at Vitacost.com for about $16.

Good luck! :happy: