Hi

Options
2»

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    1-2 pounds per week is a very healthy weight loss goal. You didn't gain it in 6 months, so you aren't going to loose it in 6 months either.
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't be frustrated....13 lbs is GREAT!! Keep up the good work!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 months to take off 10lbs. I'd say you are doing fantastic!!!! =)
  • Wicklatpr
    Wicklatpr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't exercise every single night. Your body needs to have a rest day, to help it recover from all the exercise. Also, don't just do the eliptical machine. Mix it up a litte with other forms of exercise such as walking, jogging or weights. Your body gets used to doing the one exercise at the same intensity all the time. Maybe try some light weights with high reps to tone. You're doing very well to lose that amount of weight in just one month, but your body is now adjusting to the work you're doing and fighting it. If you cross train and keep on at the healthy eating, you'll soon start losing weight again, But it probably will still be at a slower rate than your first month. Well done, and keep it up.
  • jacquelynkay
    jacquelynkay Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

quote="Wicklatpr;7144928"]Don't exercise every single night. Your body needs to have a rest day, to help it recover from all the exercise. Also, don't just do the eliptical machine. Mix it up a litte with other forms of exercise such as walking, jogging or weights. Your body gets used to doing the one exercise at the same intensity all the time. Maybe try some light weights with high reps to tone. You're doing very well to lose that amount of weight in just one month, but your body is now adjusting to the work you're doing and fighting it. If you cross train and keep on at the healthy eating, you'll soon start losing weight again, But it probably will still be at a slower rate than your first month. Well done, and keep it up.[/quote]

• jacquelynkay
    Options
    I am very proud to say............ since I posted this thread.........and years later......... I've lost 62 lbs. I started with a low carb diet. I had some set backs, but I always got back up on the horse and went on. I'm so grateful for my dedication and hard work. I did not use any form of diet pills or supplements. It was all natural.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    Nice update! Congrats! :)
  • jacquelynkay
    Options
    An update since June. I may have gained 5 pounds back. I've hit a roadblock and it's killing me. I got to try something different. :(
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    Five pounds is not a big deal.

Get back to basics. Log your food. Log your exercise. Get enough sleep, drink water. Repeat daily.

You know what to do. Stress is not your friend. One day at a time.
  • jacquelynkay
    Options
    Thank you